Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Post not found!

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

On Eagles Wings

Jul 14th 2013 new
As I have looked at several profiles on here there is one hymn that I see mentioned on profiles more then any other as a favorite hymn and it is On Eagles Wings www.youtube.com I can see why though it is a beautiful hymn
Jul 14th 2013 new
(quote) Mark-973089 said: As I have looked at several profiles on here there is one hymn that I see mentioned on profiles more then any other as a favorite hymn and it is On Eagles Wings https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkgFwKfKNSQ I can see why though it is a beautiful hymn
Mary Did You Know is another favortie
Jul 14th 2013 new
It's a comfort song. :) I've been hearing and singing it at Mass for as long as I can remember, and the words still get me choked up each and every time. It's particularly moving whenever I'm carrying a personal burden and need to be reassured of God's care and presence.
Jul 14th 2013 new
It is also one that many cannot sing anymore due to a significant loss. It was sung at my brother in law's funeral in 2006.

Although I had always had a great fondness for the hymn, that day; it was the most beautiful version that I had ever heard.
Jul 14th 2013 new
(quote) Mark-973089 said: As I have looked at several profiles on here there is one hymn that I see mentioned on profiles more then any other as a favorite hymn and it is On Eagles Wings https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkgFwKfKNSQ I can see why though it is a beautiful hymn
Oh yes, Mark, it is one of the most beautiful hymns of all time. :) This is a particularly beautiful rendition of it. It's such a comforting hymn to hear.
Jul 14th 2013 new
We sing it at my church quite often during communion. This is my church here in Dayton, Ohio called Emmanuel www.youtube.com it is a truly beautiful church and I have gone to daily mass there for 15 years. It is also the oldest church in my area
Jul 14th 2013 new
Exquisitely beautiful church! Would love to visit Dayton, Ohio genealogical society. My great grandpa lived there. Also his in-laws.
Jul 14th 2013 new
Beautiful church Mark!
Jul 14th 2013 new
(quote) Helen-450889 said: Exquisitely beautiful church! Would love to visit Dayton, Ohio genealogical society. My great grandpa lived there. Also his in-laws.
Helen it is also interesting the name of my church Emmanuel which we all know what that means. Somebody I have talked to on here who is Italian and lives in New Jersey a very Catholic part of the Us because of Italians told me she has never heard of a Catholic church being called Emmanuel. That was interesting to say the least that she never heard of that.

Another beautiful hymn www.youtube.com that I always love to sing during Advent
Jul 14th 2013 new
I get choked up every time I hear that song. It is very beautiful and has been played at almost every family member's funeral.

I agree, Mark, Emmanuel is beautiful. I went to high school across the street and went to mass there quite often!
Posts 1 - 10 of 20