Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

A good Catholic woman/man

Jul 15th 2013 new
I've seen in some profiles where the person is looking for a good Catholic women to become his wife.
what exactly does that mean?

for the women, what is a good Catholic man?
Jul 15th 2013 new
A good Catholic Man would be: Someone who is in love with Christ and His Church! Someone who is willing to be a spiritual leader in our family. Someone committed to living out God's plan for marriage. ...Just to name a few traits.
Jul 15th 2013 new
i'm thinking that means for the man looking for a wife:

she is to be tidy, has her house in order, not in general terms at all. goes to mass regularily and will be a little good wife, whatever that means.

what bold man here will tell me what this means?
Jul 15th 2013 new
(quote) Katie-822269 said: A good Catholic Man would be: Someone who is in love with Christ and His Church! Someone who is willing to be a spiritual leader in our family. Someone committed to living out God's plan for marriage. ...Just to name a few traits.
oh, ok, thanks for replying and explaining this to me
Jul 15th 2013 new
For me, a Good Catholic man is someone who will be just as proactive about going to mass as I am. (at least once a week) A man who will pray with me and for me. One that I can marry in the church. One that will not lead me toward sin. One that really wants to have a chaste relationship. I simply can't deal with that boundary alone
Jul 16th 2013 new
So it seems that he needs to go to Church on Sunday. Maybe also have a spiritual life, or prayer life, or contemplative life, that gives him the grace to share his Faith with others. Evangelization by Example is the most powerful. For me, it is a man who enters into the Sacrament of Marriage knowing that there is NO option but to work through any difficulties. Divorce will NOT be an option. Faithful to one another, side by side with one another, to death.
Jul 16th 2013 new
(quote) Connie-17641 said: the person is looking for... good Catholic women...
Well, taking things at face value, it could mean that the person that is doing the looking is either a man or a woman and that he is looking for definitely more than one woman. Further speculation could develop scenarios as such (I am going with this only because the other party is not identified and I trust won't be): If female seeker... 1. If the person looking is a female (lesbian), than I surmise the desire to have more than one partner as par for the course 2. If it is a female (bisexual), then she is looking for more female friends to party with her other male and female friends 3. If she is a female, she certainly is not looking for a man or more than one. If male seeker, 4. If the person is a male truly looking for "women" he may be a polygamist looking to add to his harum, or 5. He just never learned that "woman" is singular and "women" is plural because he failed spelling and grammar in fourth grade (or makes typos as often as I do) AND he is looking for someone on his level Umm, I think I will go with #5
Jul 16th 2013 new
I agree with you. If a man is devoted to his church, wife and work (in that order) he is a gift from heaven. Must be able to go to church every week and live accordingly to the word.
Jul 16th 2013 new
(quote) John-971967 said: Well, taking things at face value, it could mean that the person that is doing the looking is either a man or a woman and that he is looking for definitely more than one woman. Further speculation could develop scenarios as ............ 5. He just never learned that "woman" is singular and "women" is plural because he failed spelling and grammar in fourth grade (or makes typos as often as I do) AND he is looking for someone on his level Umm, I think I will go with #5
John, John, John, you complicate things soooo well! You confuse us good Catholic women!
Me, I just want the Catholic mail-order groom, someone to share the faith, who might even be a little easy on the eyes! I am a lousy flirt, and this husband hunting isn't fun any more!
Jul 16th 2013 new
(quote) Christine-960631 said: John, John, John, you complicate things soooo well! You confuse us good Catholic women!
Me, I just want the Catholic mail-order groom, someone to share the faith, who might even be a little easy on the eyes! I am a lousy flirt, and this husband hunting isn't fun any more!
Ha, and all I was trying to do is be funny LOL
Posts 1 - 10 of 65