Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Would marriage change you..?? Would you be happier with the companionship,,,,,,or would you resent losing your independence..??

Would you welcome the ""2 heads"" are better than ""one head"" philosophy..?? Are we ready to sacrifice for the """TEAM """..???

Would you worry or fear that the relationship/marriage could fail at some point and lead to seperation and/or divorce...??

I've been alone for almost 5 years,,,I loved sharing life when I was married,,but now I onder if I'm too set in my independent ways if that would irritate a potential Sweetheart..?? I sometimes ask myself the above questions as I've stated...

How about you,,??? We all say we want a Sweetheart and that is why we are here....

Would marriage change you..??
Jul 15th 2013 new
I would have someone to share my life with, my hopes, dreams and desires with. Someone to pray with and for. Someone to come home to. Someone to tell jokes to. Ah we can dream, can't we?
Jul 15th 2013 new
(quote) Jim-13836 said: I would have someone to share my life with, my hopes, dreams and desires with. Someone to pray with and for. Someone to come home to. Someone to tell jokes to. Ah we can dream, can't we?

Jim,,
please share with us some of your hopes,,dreams,,desires,,,,,that you have stated that you have....How would that change you Jim...??
Would you be a happier Jim,,,,a more content Jim....??
Jul 15th 2013 new
... for better or for worse ....

Should be for better.
Jul 15th 2013 new
(quote) Kenny-949632 said:

Jim,,
please share with us some of your hopes,,dreams,,desires,,,,,that you have stated that you have....How would that change you Jim...??
Would you be a happier Jim,,,,a more content Jim....??
Just as crazy as always but at least I'd have someone keeping an eye on me!
Jul 15th 2013 new
Marriage shouldn't change a person. And one should never expect their spouse to change once they are married. A husband and wife are a team and there should be give an take within the team.

Some things that would change for me if I was to remarry is to have someone besides my cat to greet me at the door. Be able to have dinner conversation with someone other then me. And I really hope to have someone to wash my car for me.

Jul 15th 2013 new
(quote) Barbara-605462 said: Marriage shouldn't change a person. And one should never expect their spouse to change once they are married. A husband and wife are a team and there should be give an take within the team.

Some things that would change for me if I was to remarry is to have someone besides my cat to greet me at the door. Be able to have dinner conversation with someone other then me. And I really hope to have someone to wash my car for me.

How can marriage NOT change a person?

I do agree that one should not marry expecting their spouse to change in a specific way - that's a recipe for disaster.

Jul 16th 2013 new
Hello, Kenny

I've thought about these things. Marriage would be an overhaul of my old life and it will flow into all the facets of my life - habits, decision making, finances, time, consumption, economics, logistics etc. It will help me "get over myself" and put the others need above my own.

However, I still think that there should be healthy "retention" of my old self even if God wants me to have a better half and I expect the same for my spouse...
Jul 16th 2013 new
Well as I'm certain marriage is my vocation,I could only grow spirituaIly.Having a man to really love me for
who I am would propel me forwards to being bigger hearted,loving more secure in who I am-and yes ,more complete.All those feelings held in check would be allowed to truly bloom.
Jul 16th 2013 new
A lady told me a bit ago that two half-full glasses don't make a full one! I answered that I agree, and that those two glasses may share themselves so as to gift a time of fullness to one, as the other the other embraces sacrifice for the other. Most of the time, they will be not quite full, as they pour themselves into the other in a graceful dance of giving and receiving, but most of the time always trusting in and thirsting for the other.

So are we changed? Yes and No. We are who we were, while becoming something more through and with each other. It is a meager approximation of the Holy Trinity, but in a couple, the Trinity fills the role of only one when invited into the union of a man and a woman... and then both glasses overflow.
Posts 1 - 10 of 21