Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Magical Disappearing Text(?)

Jul 16th 2013 new
Maybe I'm just doing something wrong, but I keep adding a line to my profile, save it, and check that it's there, only to see that it has vanished later on. Wasn't even anything trashy or contact info or anything like that, just a G-rated wisecrack. Creepy. Trying again; I'll check later to see if it's there or not.
Jul 16th 2013 new
Have you reached the limit of the major text blocks? (2,500 characters)

Or are you playing with the "Favorites" block? They can accept odd text, but anything that's not like a single item gets deleted. No joke. laughing

Jul 16th 2013 new
Any special or unusual characters involved?
CM throws out anything beyond basic ASCII, IIRC.

I've just experienced a similar thing... wanted to start a new paragraph in my profile statement, but it refuses to accept the CRLF from the enter key ... and of course, we are not allowed to embed a <<P>> or <</br>> (which will likely not show up in this comment either! laughing

Jul 16th 2013 new
Oh ... I cheated ... it shows! (probably got it wrong) laughing laughing
Jul 16th 2013 new
Hi Chris, What is the exact text that you are trying to add to your profile?
Jul 16th 2013 new
I think Jack has it. At first, I did have some stupid characters in there, that probably threw it off. I redid it last night just plain text, and it's still there. Thanks much.
Jul 17th 2013 new
Wooo-OOOO-ooo-OOO...it has vanished into the spirit world once again.
Jul 17th 2013 new
Can you post the text here in this thread? CM is really particular about what it allows.

Or you may have just run into a database anomaly. I'm under the impression that they occasionally roll back some database tables to an earlier version. Reasons for doing so could be many. But any recent changes would be lost.
Posts 1 - 10 of 21