Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is dedicated to those who are facing the challenge of raising children without the support of a spouse. This is a place to share ideas and lend mutual support.

Saint Rita is known to be a patroness for abused wives and mourning women.
Learn More: Saint Rita

Jul 16th 2013 new
I am horrified every time I see articles like this or hear stories from divorced people about the problems they face with their kids and their exes. I cannot imagine the struggles these folks go through.

Any chance you've seen a similar paper about children of widowed parents?
Jul 18th 2013 new
If I didn't get a divorce my kids wouldnt be who they are today. I have been told many times I have awesome kids, they are polite and well mannered. If I had stayed I probably wouldn't be here today. My ex was verbally and physically abusive.
Jul 19th 2013 new
I too have great kids, HOWEVER, we were the "low conflict" couple for 25 years mostly because I am a school teacher (master of defusing conflict) and am very skilled at preventing conflict. The kids were "blindsided" by our divorce. My daughter told me that she didn't see anything "wrong" with our family as we weren't any different than her friends families. She felt like we were living a 'Lie". Unfortunately her father was diagnosed with adult onset bipolar at the age of 45 (symptoms since he was 40) so the issues which caused the divorce did not arise until the kids were teenagers. I am a teacher of children with emotional disorders so I handled his bipolar issues the same way I do in the classroom, but when I saw that our kids were no longer able to deal with his untreated bipolar I told him he had to leave and NOT come back, unless he sought long term treatment. He remains untreated today. I filed for legal separation, he filed for divorce. I do believe the divorce has harmed our kids but I "let go and let God".
Sep 30th 2013 new
Hi Joan,

Yes of course. Does anyone believe a nuclear family is a bad thing? (Not to include cases of spousal abuse, drug addiction, etc.)

It took a lot to convince me a divorce was in the best interests of the entire family. It happens, and when it does, we do our best to do our best.
Posts 1 - 5 of 5