Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

your body is sacred

Jul 16 new
As I was looking through the yahoo news today I noticed a catholic heading where a young, very talented tennis star named Agnieszka Radwanska was banned from her youth church group in her native land Poland. Come to find out she posed for a ESPN magazine called "The Bod" where professional athletes show there bodies for everyone to see how great shape their in. She covers her private parts with her hands and the way she is sitting but everything else is wide open to see. The problem I can already see with this is for lustful eyes and creating sins against the 6th commandment. It's great she is catholic don't get me wrong but you would think she would know better than to be pretty much naked or really close to it in front of a camera. Our bodies are sacred temples of God and not meant for everyone to see. Let's hope she realize this and repents of it. The moment you pose in pictures like this puts your soul in jeopardy and you can help men look at you lustfully causing thousands or even millions to sin. And we all have to answer for that. I can understand why the church is upset with these pictures.

Any other thoughts and concerns?
Jul 16 new
Good post.
What blows my mind with this kind of story is -- what was she thinking?
My parents' generation had a phrase: Have you no decency?
Evidently, today no one has.
Jul 17 new
I saw the article and didn't read through it.. All i can say is that it's a product of our young gen X-Yers who are given the leeway of freedom and self expression.. so much so that there is no decorum anymore. It's a shame that you see it in Church as well, where you see girls/young women dressed as if they're going to a nightclub rather than in the presence of our Lord and Saviour. just an FYI i'm not stereotyping when i say girls or young women,,it's just that the Guys don't catch my eye...but i'm sure maybe from a womens perspective there is some immodest dressing there too. biggrin Praying
Posts 1 - 3 of 3