Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

This is my 7th summer living in Maine -- and the first time it's been really, really hot. So yesterday, for the first time, I went to the beach and got completely wet! :happy: It was almost bathtub-warm --extraordinary for Maine.

What have you done recently for the first time?
Jul 20 new
Packed a rental truck full of my "stuff" and hauled it all down to Florida. Plan to move once I find suitable work down there, even if it takes awhile. Craziest thing I've ever done (I've lived my whole life within about a 3 mile radius, except a couple years in college), and most money I've ever spent at one time. But I don't think I want to go to my grave without ever trying something new, in terms of where I've lived.

Jul 20 new
Technology......I made it a goal of mine to learn how to do a deposit at the ATM machine. Not afraid anymore.

Good Luck Michael!
Jul 20 new
Wow, Michael, you are braver than I am. I have been tossing the idea around of spending winters in Florida, but have to wait until April so I can retire from my current job. I have worked in county government for over 30 years and am finally ready to call it quits. I am hoping to fine the right location-Where did you park your stuff?

I have visited with my niece in Jacksonville and she really wants me to come there, but I am not sure. Thought I might try out the Gulf Coast for a vacation in the fall, just to see the other side.

I am sure I will have to work part-time somewhere, but just the idea of doing something different-somewhere different is really sounding appealing. Don't think I could live there year around, though, since my kids are here.

Gook luck to you & kudos for taking that step!
Jul 21 new
(quote) Michael-76823 said: Packed a rental truck full of my "stuff" and hauled it all down to Florida. Plan to move once I find suitable work down there, even if it takes awhile. Craziest thing I've ever done (I've lived my whole life within about a 3 mile radius, except a couple years in college), and most money I've ever spent at one time. But I don't think I want to go to my grave without ever trying something new, in terms of where I've lived.

Michael, may people move to Florida and leave after a few years because of the oppressive summer heat. You need A/C like an astronaut needs oxygen. There is a reason for the phenomenon known as "snowbirds." My son and his family live in West Palm Beach and I only visit them in the winter. I wouldn't live on that miserable, insect infested sandbar a few feet above sea level if I was forced to at gunpoint.
Jul 21 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: This is my 7th summer living in Maine -- and the first time it's been really, really hot. So yesterday, for the first time, I went to the beach and got completely wet! It was almost bathtub-warm --extraordinary for Maine.

What have you done recently for the first time?
My 13 year old granddaughter taught me how to text. I have no use for it, but at least I know how.
Jul 21 new
(quote) Peter-449116 said: My 13 year old granddaughter taught me how to text. I have no use for it, but at least I know how.
Pete, you didn't know how to text?? LUCKY YOU! Having No use for it is probably a good thing. Sometimes I wished I'd never learned!!!
Jul 22 new
Hi Marge,

Well, I haven't been to the beach this year...and I've gone back to school (maybey the two are connected)
scratchchin

me surfing (not)
Jul 22 new
LOL
maybe
Jul 22 new
I still remember at CM St. Augustine you kept heading for the pool. It was hard to get you out. lol
Posts 1 - 10 of 10