Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

I guess this is more of a suggestion, as I don't see a way to check this currently (?). I'd sure come in handy, as I've noticed people that have looked at my profile a week or two apart and they show up twice on Views. Half the time I can't remember if I've looked at a profile or not, but am hesitant to doublecheck later as I don't want to look like some crazy stalker (even though I am), popping up on somebody's history over and over.
Jul 17th 2013 new
If im not mistaken, if you click on the Search tab in the blue menu bar and click on Activity history.. it shows the views on your account for the past few days. smile scratchchin
Jul 17th 2013 new
Ah, there we go, it was hiding from me. Thanks.
Jul 21st 2013 new
A follow-up question from a rookie on match sites: Can I view a profile without it showing up on the profilee's (is that a word) activity log? Like Chris, I don't want to look like a stalker or appear to show too much interest when I'm just "browsing".
Jul 21st 2013 new
How can I stop a chat request that I asked for hours ago , to stop appearing everytime I log onto the computer? It says that the chat invitation has been sent and when I click okay the block and the persons name still appears at the bottom corner of the computer. Thank you for your help.
Jul 21st 2013 new
Maria,

I had this problem earlier today when someone asked me to chat. The only way I could finally get it to stop was to click "Not Interested" and then before it popped up again, I quickly signed off and logged back in a few minutes later. It took a while and would never just go away if I clicked any of the answers. I had to sign out while the block was gone.. Hope this helps.
Jul 21st 2013 new
(quote) Richard-992343 said: Can I view a profile without it showing up on the profilee's (is that a word) activity log?
No.

Jul 21st 2013 new
I should probably ask the higher-ups at CM, what "chat" means. I have never gone there, because I do not feel that there is anything on earth like a REAL conversation, such as on the telephone. I think I would prefer to exchange a number of e-mail messages before giving anyone my phone number. What do others think??
Jul 21st 2013 new
(quote) Chris-906154 said: I guess this is more of a suggestion, as I don't see a way to check this currently (?). I'd sure come in handy, as I've noticed people that have looked at my profile a week or two apart and they show up twice on Views. Half the time I can't remember if I've looked at a profile or not, but am hesitant to doublecheck later as I don't want to look like some crazy stalker (even though I am), popping up on somebody's history over and over.
Multiple profile views within a 30 day window should only generate one notification for each member viewed, regardless of how many times their profile is viewed.
Jul 21st 2013 new
Hi Joan,

There are 2 kinds of chat. One kind of chat is where you engage in private one-on-one conversation with another CM member, sort of like a typed telephone conversation. A private chat may be a good way to have a more spontaneous private conversation before phone numbers are exchanged, but only if you are comfortable doing so. The questions in this thread relate to this type of chat.

For the "Chat Rooms", you can go to the main menu at the top of the page and click "More" on the pull-down menu, then select "Chat Rooms". From there you enter a room, and engage in conversation with others. It is very fast-paced and the topics vary as people ask them. It is sort of like a virtual room with various conversations taking place at the same time.

These are features available to all paying CM members, but you don't have to use them. There other ways to communicate on the site, as you noted.

Posts 1 - 10 of 11