Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Jul 21st 2013 new
(quote) Joan-684265 said: I should probably ask the higher-ups at CM, what "chat" means. I have never gone there, because I do not feel that there is anything on earth like a REAL conversation, such as on the telephone. I think I would prefer to exchange a number of e-mail messages before giving anyone my phone number. What do others think??
I think you are very wise to be cautious and feel comfortable with an individual before giving out personal information or contact information. Here's a link to a post I wrote a while back with some suggestions for protecting one's identity and security while contacting people on-line:

www.catholicmatch.com

On-line chat isn't meant to be, and is not represented as being, the same as a personal or telephone conversation. It is more interactive than sending messages or email. Some people find chat preferable to email or messages once some level of interest has been established, others do not. I can't tell you which is best for you, but since you have never used it I do suggest you give it a try, perhaps with a friend, to see what it is like.

Posts 11 - 11 of 11