Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

Jul 21st 2013 new
(quote) Kevin-975826 said: Whether or not you agree in the following, Satan creates doubt, anger, confusion. If one can remove the veil of deceit and or doubt ect. and consecrate on prayers and forgiveness you may find your life easier to manage.
No one disagrees with this, but even after doing all these things, God will sometimes still permit oppression. So please, it is God who chooses to remove the veil.
Jul 21st 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: The key phrase is if we cooperate earnestly. Many, it seems, have a very unrealistic expectation of that this means.

Yes, God would like for everyone to be saved. Yet He has told us that even His will does not trump our free will, and that He knows many will not cooperate with Him.

Right. If God sees us really working and depending on him for help, our chances of attaining salvation increase significantly. He looks into our hearts and knows if we really desire heaven and wish to serve him in order to get there. He will help us abundantly as long as our will remains as closely in sync with his as possible.

But, if we go our merry way presuming upon God's mercy we're probably in for a terrible (and too late) realization.

"Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be satisfied." (Mt 5:6)

Jul 21st 2013 new
Hi there,
You might want to read St. Faustina's Diary "Divine Mercy in my Soul". This will open your heart and mind to His Mercy!!! NONE of us DESERVE heaven. It's only by His grace and mercy AND following the Commandments. Surely, all Catholics who truly love Jesus can try and do this. I am in doubt ALL the time. But I also know that scrupulosity can be the sin of pride. Too much focus on self and not enough on Our Lord. I know.. I was there and spoke to many priests and my Spiritual director about this. Do your best and let God do the rest.

Take care & God bless!

Jul 21st 2013 new
GOD doesn't choose to remove the veil, everybody has been given irrevocable free will, and it is up to humanity to remove their own veil and choose their path.
Jul 21st 2013 new
(quote) Maria-963080 said: Kenny: When I was in grade school, an old nun said to us that God is an all forgiving father and that the only way you would go to hell is if you committed murder. Otherwise, since we are all sinners we may have to go to Purgatory for a short time to make up for our sins. Just keep going to the sacraments and doing good for others and you will be alright
unfortunately----on CM there are those who think you will go to hell for not being catholic...or for kissing before marriage
Jul 21st 2013 new
my little opinion is that very few go to hell,very few go straight to heaven...and the vast majority spend time in purgatory.
Jul 22nd 2013 new
(quote) Tom-112790 said: my little opinion is that very few go to hell,very few go straight to heaven...and the vast majority spend time in purgatory.
Your opinion is in direct opposition to what Christ Himself said.

He said (paraphrasing His words) that the path and gate to heaven are very narrow and few will get in. And Most will choose the wider path and gate leading to hell.

He did not specify a percentage bu the illustration He draws indicates that the majority of mankind will go to eternal fire.
Jul 22nd 2013 new
(quote) Paul-866591 said: He did not specify a percentage bu the illustration He draws indicates that the majority of mankind will go to eternal fire.

Thank you for the pep talk and the positive encouragement....Why not just blatantly sin at will if we are doomed anyway..??
Jul 22nd 2013 new
(quote) Kenny-949632 said:

Thank you for the pep talk and the positive encouragement....Why not just blatantly sin at will if we are doomed anyway..??
Your question assumes an individual has no choice, no free will. The assumption is incorrect.

No individual is doomed unless they choose to be doomed. All Christ is saying is that most will choose doom because it is easier to do so than to choose not to be doomed.

The point is that God has given us free will. W\e choose our own end and God will not thwart our choice. If we choose to follow Him, he will provide us all the grace we need to achieve our choice.

If we choose hell, Satan will help us to achieve our choice. Since we freely choose to fellow Satan, God's graces, which are always there for each and every one us in abundance, will not get through to us.
Jul 22nd 2013 new

Paul,

Why would anyone want to choose evil if they knew that Hell is in their future...Isn't that like suicide..?
Posts 31 - 40 of 159