Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

I spent the weekend with about a dozen of my CM friends, all of whom were complete strangers to me six years ago. I love my time with these beautiful people (CM--particularly the fora-- has a way of collecting awesome men and women!) and I want to meet more! After all I am still looking to for my future husband.

This weekend I struck up three conversations with total strangers at the Reds game we attended. Not that these men were men I expected to be able to know beyond those conversations about sports, Cincinnati, or local culture, but it was nice to talk at length with each of them. I decided again that this is good practice for meeting my future man. Something I need to do more of. Even though I am outgoing and a good communicator, I do need to push myself in more venues to talk with men I don't know.

Do you strike up conversations with total strangers? How do you respond to a stranger who initiates a conversation with you (like I did this weekend?) Where do these kind of encounters happen for you?
Jul 21 new
(quote) Dawn-58330 said: I spent the weekend with about a dozen of my CM friends, all of whom were complete strangers to me six years ago. I love my time with these beautiful people (CM--particularly the fora-- has a way of collecting awesome men and women!) and I want to meet more! After all I am still looking to for my future husband.

This weekend I struck up three conversations with total strangers at the Reds game we attended. Not that these men were men I expected to be able to know beyond those conversations about sports, Cincinnati, or local culture, but it was nice to talk at length with each of them. I decided again that this is good practice for meeting my future man. Something I need to do more of. Even though I am outgoing and a good communicator, I do need to push myself in more venues to talk with men I don't know.

Do you strike up conversations with total strangers? How do you respond to a stranger who initiates a conversation with you (like I did this weekend?) Where do these kind of encounters happen for you?

I'm glad you often mention the friendships you have made through CM, Dawn! That is a blessing, isn't it? That's how I feel about the friends I've made from the couple of CM events I've organized.

I do strike up conversations with strangers, depending on the situation. If I see someone feeling uncomfortable in a particular social setting, I'll go and chat so he or she won't feel out of place. I might ask something of someone in a store. But I don't initiate it too often anymore. The strike-outs (the couple of times I saw that the person did not want to talk with me) shamed me into timidity. However, I think I am polite and warm with those who come up and chat with me. Except for the scammers in grocery store parking lots who wander over to beg a few dollars.

Jul 21 new
It is quite easy for me to talk to strangers. I meet new people every day. I have been very fortunate to have made good friends by talking to strangers.
Jul 21 new
Not since my mother told me not to.
Jul 21 new
Ha,ha Chris laughing
I find it easier speaking to strangers than people who think they know you but don't really.
If, for example they knew me when I was young and much shier ,for some strange reason I feel awkward all over again speaking to them!Or..if the person knew me from a time in my life when I felt a shell of a human(sleep deprived,marriage on the rocks etc) they still regard me as a mumbling idiot.Speaking with these people doesn't allow for me to unfurl my wings,so to speak.
Yesterday I made a new friend, a light hearted and happy meeting.She is 84 and has 29 greatgrand children.
Jul 21 new

If we don't talk to strangers, we won't know anyone (except family). Everyone we know (besides family) were strangers to us at one time.

Jul 21 new
I usually talk to strangers, kind of fun.
Jul 21 new
I do enjoy chatting with strangers. We're all social animals and we need to interact.
Jul 21 new
Depending on the setting I usually can strike up a conversation with someone else. And if someone tries to strike up a conversation with me I always strive to respond in kind no matter how I'm feeling. There are no strangers only potential new friends or acquaintances.
I think a part of growing is to get out of our comfort zone once in a while so I have been working on being approachable.
Jul 21 new
(quote) Josephine-586127 said:

If we don't talk to strangers, we won't know anyone (except family). Everyone we know (besides family) were strangers to us at one time.

How true Josephine.
One of the two must initiate contact with the other!

Posts 1 - 10 of 82