Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Summer travels!

Jul 21st 2013 new
Do you have any plans to travel this summer season? I may go On some day trips or possibly visit some family near the smokey mountains near Knoxville, Tennessee! 2 weeks ago took a long weekend to Tampa bay!
Jul 22nd 2013 new
Hi George,

From myself, that would have to be a negative reply hissyfit unfortunately the contract jobs for me have been too few and far between; plus I've been back to school this summer. I pray next year will be a very different situation.

Have fun in Knoxville, I have traveled through there twice, and found it a very lovely and friendly place.

me
surfing
Jul 22nd 2013 new
Most definitely! I started my summer travels early. I went to (CM) Italy in June. Then went to Las Vegas, NV in July. In August, I am going on a road trip to Oregon.
Jul 22nd 2013 new
Oh, yeah. shamrock
Going to Ireland to the village my great-grandfather left in 1860 to meet my 3rd and 4th cousins -- and a first cousin I've only seen twice.
American Cuz and I started researching the family tree about 15 years ago. About 10 years ago we made contact with a man in Australia who turned out to be related. Now there are 15 of us all researching the same family. Great-grandfather came to the US, but it turned out that nearly all his siblings wen to Australia. We're going to visit the old farm and graveyards, learn about the history of the place, and share with each other the research we have done on our own branches of the family.
Jul 22nd 2013 new
This summer I'm traveling domestically. In June I drove to Santa Barbara for an Icon workshop. Then went to Charleston, South Carolina to visit my son and his family and flying to Portland, Oregon for a cousins' reunion in August. In October I fly to Denver to see my step-daughter. Upon return from Denver I drive to Los Angeles for another Icon workshop. Lots of family time, which I love.
Jul 25th 2013 new
As a matter of fact, I AM doing some traveling this summer! biggrin

Went to TX the end of May into June. Got together with a couple of CMers while I was there - it's always a fun time when getting together with CMers! wave hug

Flying out again later today - looking forward to it! wink fluffy (Um, not necessarily looking forward to the temps - it gets dang HOT in the south / southwest this time of year!)

Which reminds me - SAFE TRAVELS TO ALL!! Praying Praying

Jul 25th 2013 new
Hey George, that is my neck of the woods! I personally don't have any planned travels this summer but definitely working on something for the spring!

Wishing everyone safe travels and great memories.

Eileen
Jul 25th 2013 new
Hello, my brother and wife lives in Athens so will go visit them? About 40 miles from Knoxville!
Jul 25th 2013 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: Oh, yeah.
Going to Ireland to the village my great-grandfather left in 1860 to meet my 3rd and 4th cousins -- and a first cousin I've only seen twice.
American Cuz and I started researching the family tree about 15 years ago. About 10 years ago we made contact with a man in Australia who turned out to be related. Now there are 15 of us all researching the same family. Great-grandfather came to the US, but it turned out that nearly all his siblings wen to Australia. We're going to visit the old farm and graveyards, learn about the history of the place, and share with each other the research we have done on our own branches of the family.
i would say pack me in your suitcase, but I know the have a WEIGHT restriction, so I guess cargo, maybe the wheel wells,etc. laughing laughing
Jul 25th 2013 new
Hi George. I remember going to the Mayfield Dairy plant and I swear it was about 2 hours from here...but really about 1 and a quarter. It takes me 40 minutes to get to Farragut and Athens is a ways from there. Of course, riding with a bunch of elementary school children was definitely a factor!

Have fun!
p

Posts 1 - 10 of 22