Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Baby Bird

Jul 23rd 2013 new
Has any else had a baby bird think you are there mother?

I was shocked when a baby bird jumped on my shoulder from another staff members head. Then when I tried to get the baby bird back on a branch, it would not stay but would fly back on to my shirt and shoulder. The baby bird talked and churped in my ear. If I was a moma bird .... I think it was saying feed me... now. I have to say I will never forget this day with a baby bird on my shoulder.
Jul 23rd 2013 new
Is it a rockin' robin and if so, have you tweeted all your friends about it?
Jul 23rd 2013 new
How strange Bernadette!?...My son found an angry little parrot one year that sat on his shoulder -no one could pat it except himself,I was worried least it get hold of an ear...
Jul 23rd 2013 new
laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing
Jul 23rd 2013 new
laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing
Jul 23rd 2013 new
(quote) Bernadette-363720 said: Has any else had a baby bird think you are there mother?

I was shocked when a baby bird jumped on my shoulder from another staff members head. Then when I tried to get the baby bird back on a branch, it would not stay but would fly back on to my shirt and shoulder. The baby bird talked and churped in my ear. If I was a moma bird .... I think it was saying feed me... now. I have to say I will never forget this day with a baby bird on my shoulder.

Awwww. Did you find it's mother? What happened to it?

Jul 27th 2013 new
I put it on some plants and walked away. Since it was able to fly, I think it would have found bug or it's mother and was not around the next morning. I feel blessed to have the bird on my shoulder.
Jul 27th 2013 new
(quote) Bernadette-363720 said: I put it on some plants and walked away. Since it was able to fly, I think it would have found bug or it's mother and was not around the next morning. I feel blessed to have the bird on my shoulder.
Like finding that last sweet apple hanging on the tree as I raked,sad about a disagreement..
like our goofy cat kneeding a stiff shoulder after he lept on my back,as I leaned against the fence feeling tearful...little gifts and reminders from God.. fluffy
Jul 27th 2013 new
(quote) Bernadette-363720 said: I put it on some plants and walked away. Since it was able to fly, I think it would have found bug or it's mother and was not around the next morning. I feel blessed to have the bird on my shoulder.
Did this happen at school? Or work?
Jul 27th 2013 new
It happened at work at the end of the day. The parents and children where amazed that the bird kept coming back to my shoulder.

My ten month old kitten is a joy and has me laughing silly almost every day.
Posts 1 - 10 of 11