Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

How do you handle rejection???

Jul 23rd 2013 new
I think it's safe to say that we get rejected on this site much more than we do in "real life" sad
Not everyone we are interested in or message or send an emote will reciprocate in a good way, if at all.
I actually had a guy outright insult me! weeping
How do you handle it? I get upset for a minute and then try and move on, or stay away for a day or two.
What do you do? How do you not take it personally?
Trish
Jul 23rd 2013 new
Rejection is part of life. But there is no reason to be rude about it.

If I send an emote or message to someone who's not interested in taking the conversation further, a quick note of thanks but no thanks seems the fair and kind thing to do. Usually I think most here would agree that the typical response is crickets.

So far nothing really rude on here for me, but there is always next time.
Jul 23rd 2013 new
Very poorly. In the past, I've gotten pretty angry/depressed. Haven't been rejected for like 10-12 years though, as I don't actively send out messages.
Jul 23rd 2013 new
But obviously, I would try to exercise some restraint and just kick a wall or yell at my computer instead of going off on somebody...
Jul 23rd 2013 new
(quote) Trish-977181 said: I think it's safe to say that we get rejected on this site much more than we do in "real life"
Not everyone we are interested in or message or send an emote will reciprocate in a good way, if at all.
I actually had a guy outright insult me!
How do you handle it? I get upset for a minute and then try and move on, or stay away for a day or two.
What do you do? How do you not take it personally?
Trish
Trish,

It's not a real rejection here; the person hasn't really met you without a face-to-face meeting. There are a hundred different things going on; the on-line forums lack the experience of genuinely meeting someone.

I don't think about it for any longer than it took me to read an emotigram or message.

Jul 23rd 2013 new
I've got to the point where I just figure, that's how it goes...
Jul 23rd 2013 new
I shrug and move on. If it isn't meant to be, then so much the better that no time has been wasted on it.
Jul 24th 2013 new
(quote) William-607613 said: Trish,

It's not a real rejection here; the person hasn't really met you without a face-to-face meeting. There are a hundred different things going on; the on-line forums lack the experience of genuinely meeting someone.

I don't think about it for any longer than it took me to read an emotigram or message.

You're right William.
It's nothing like being rejected in real life! It's actually kind of fun now - but at first it hurt.
I am sure I am not the only one that felt that way, but you get used to it.
There is nothing like meeting someone face to face!
Jul 24th 2013 new
The way I handle it is to not take it personal. We all experience rejection. It's best to move on and only focus on the one's that are interested in us. Rejection hurts but we must not dwell on it.
Jul 24th 2013 new
LOL I once had a guy ask me during a chat session if I was a guy.....just because I like camping, hiking and outdoors in general.....oh well we obviously weren't a match anyway. I digest it and move on. Life is too short to worry much over it especiallly on the internet.
Posts 1 - 10 of 67