Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

I know nobody has the exact real answer...but what is your opinion...??

to the widows/widowers that never married,,,,, will you be with your late spouse..??

To the divorced/annuled,,never married,,,will you have a forever Sweetheart in Heaven to spend Eternity with ..??
Will the widows/widowers who found a new spouse on Earth now have 2--3 ---or 4 spouses in Heaven..?

Will God in His un-imaginable mercy and love fix it so we are so so so so content..???

If widows/widowers and divorced people ,, do find new forever Sweethearts on Earth while alive,,,will we be with them in Heaven or with our original spouses....???

I do know and I will ask God to at least let me be in the same neighborhood,,( in Heaven ,,,) as our CM friend and fellow member Chris from Olathe,,,KS.....
I try to be funny at times and I fail and succeed,,but I do BOW to The Master Comedian,,,Chris..!!!!!..He is also the ( or one of the ) most intelligent people here with his feel for life....

So,,your thoughts,,??, if you die single on Earth,,,will you still be single in Heaven..??
No one is taking notes,,it is just a human opinion...
Love to All...
Jul 23 new
Marriages are dissolved upon the death of a spouse, so apparently we will be. Weird to think about, but I suppose heaven is just one of those things beyond our full comprehension. No marrying or giving in marriage in heaven, as it is written.
Jul 23 new
I only have a moment left so I will post without looking this one up. There is a place in one of the gospels where someone tries to trip up Jesus by talking about a woman who is married to seven different brothers while on earth and then dies. They ask Jesus whose wife she will be in the resurrection. Jesus replies that there is no marriage in the resurrection.
I personally think I will be too focused on God.

Jul 23 new
(quote) Cindy-959808 said: I only have a moment left so I will post without looking this one up. There is a place in one of the gospels where someone tries to trip up Jesus by talking about a woman who is married to seven different brothers while on earth and then dies. They ask Jesus whose wife she will be in the resurrection. Jesus replies that there is no marriage in the resurrection.
I personally think I will be too focused on God.

So what about late spouses,,,children,,,pets ( dogs,,cats,,etc) to me.................................... and family members..to me Heaven would have to include all of them,,,,,Am I wrong >>>?????
Jul 23 new
I recently went to a mass with Cardinal Dolan, and during his homily he spoke about just that. In heaven God is our one love, and so it must be that marriage ends with death. We cannot love another more than we love God.
Jul 23 new

But while on Earth and human,,we do think and feel these things..At least I do,,,..
Jul 23 new
Your former spouses would (unless, well, I won't even go there), pets doubtful but who knows. I'm sure weird things could happen up there.
Jul 23 new

But Chris,,,while we are still ONLY human,,,we can only think in human terms...I hope God understands...
Jul 23 new
Perhaps so. God being the origin of all things, and being of an infinite mind, it could be possible that you would see anything, everything and everybody. Whatever exactly heaven is like, it would necessarily be better than anything in the physical universe.
Jul 23 new

So,,,no -one really knows...??? I guess we are in for a lot of surprises...!!1
Posts 1 - 10 of 60