Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share
For discussion that revolves around a place, state, or country.

Spiritual Retreat

Jul 21st 2013 new
Dear CM Friends,

I just attended an excellent directed spiritual retreat at Mount St. Mary's House of Prayer in Watchung, NJ. It was excellent - I had several personal revelations about my relationship with Jesus and also had signs from God about my life path. Their library is a nice cozy place to sit at a bay window bench and curl up with books on spirituality - I learned so much and the grounds are so peaceful. I am not affiliated with the House of Prayer in any way - I just highly recommend it if you are in metropolitan area and are looking for a good retreat with spiritual direction.

Angela
Jul 26th 2013 new
(quote) Angela-304987 said: Dear CM Friends,

I just attended an excellent directed spiritual retreat at Mount St. Mary's House of Prayer in Watchung, NJ. It was excellent - I had several personal revelations about my relationship with Jesus and also had signs from God about my life path. Their library is a nice cozy place to sit at a bay window bench and curl up with books on spirituality - I learned so much and the grounds are so peaceful. I am not affiliated with the House of Prayer in any way - I just highly recommend it if you are in metropolitan area and are looking for a good retreat with spiritual direction.

Angela

Thanks so much Angela. I'll check it out.

Jul 31st 2013 new
Hi Angela -
Your retreat sounds nice. I go to one (about 15 times already) in Oshkosh WI at the Jesuit Retreat House.
It is a silent retreat (hard at first) but a very awesome experience. I have prayed and have had prayers answered in the silence. It's funny how close you feel to God and get to know yourself better in total silence. I wouldn't trade the experiences I have had there.. I go again in November. I would recommend this place to everyone!
Be blessed!
Trish
Posts 1 - 3 of 3