Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

Jul 26th 2013 new
Long distance relationships probably works for others. Not everybody has the patience and understanding to make this kind of relationship work. You need to have a certain degree of maturity and there are a lot of trust issues involved. I have never been in an LDR and mine would probably be called a very very very loooong distance relationship if ever...I'm not against LDRs, I'm just saying that it can or can't work. It depends on how the couple handles the distance.

Always ask for help from God and he will give you the grace to get through this kind of relationship.
Jul 26th 2013 new
Long distance relationships probably works for others. Not everybody has the patience and understanding to make this kind of relationship work. You need to have a certain degree of maturity and there are a lot of trust issues involved. I have never been in an LDR and mine would probably be called a very very very loooong distance relationship if ever...I'm not against LDRs, I'm just saying that it can or can't work. It depends on how the couple handles the distance.

Always ask for help from God and he will give you the grace to get through this kind of relationship.
Jul 26th 2013 new
Really I've been browsed by a few from GBR in my own age group which is the same as yours and even see some online from time to time. Have you checked your search option to see if it's it set property and not stopping at like 5 miles away or something? Just a thought.
Jul 26th 2013 new
You have to be realistic. I've tried LDRs several times. I can do a days drive away but anymore than that just isn't feasible when you take expenses and time into consideration. If folks can do it more power to them. For the record most of the guys I've dated have lived about 44 minutes -1.5 hour away and even that is a hard distance. My ex used to take a 1 hour train ride to see me. Distance can put a lot of stress on a relationship.
Aug 6th 2013 new
It can, so can actually getting there to meet or even date initially, if the timing is bad (work and school) or there are other factors like coordinating both schedules. . . and sometimes, there is that dreaded, "no chemistry," when you meet, like I had when I drove seven hours to Iowa one time. . . all things considered, they may work well, but both partners have to be okay with the standards of the relationship when you are far apart. . .
Aug 6th 2013 new
So after all this discussion. If you were to consider an LDR, what would be the ideal distance and for what period of time?
Aug 7th 2013 new
Having "been there, done that," and currently discerning, I'd say that six months is a maximum, but its hard to truly get to know what someone is like unless you've been on vacation with them, etc. I'm not talking co-habitation, but if you haven't been together 24-7, say on a short-term or domestic mission, retreat, etc. its hard to know what they are like. I am very congenial once I'm at work but I like my coffee first thing in the morning and don't really feel social until I do. . . :)

Six months being maximum from FIRST meeting in person, not first communication. . .
Aug 7th 2013 new
(quote) Jennifer-471319 said: I think that it's hard to say, "we're in a relationship" before you've met in person. The meet, or the face to face (whichever you prefer to say), is a really defining moment. I'd say the online back and forth, the phone calls, the emails, the Skype, is a huge portion of the courtship process - but the relationship is established once you've actually met.

I've done a long distance relationship before - twice, and once with a Catholic Match guy. Part of the reason we didn't work out is because he (and after I thought about it a while, I admit its part of my concerns too) needs to be actually near the person he's with. When you're in a relationship, and you're big on the physical touch (one of the 5 Love Languages) and you've had a bad day and just want a hug from your significant other, LDR are incredibly difficult. I'm big on Quality Time and Words of Affirmation, with Physical Touch ranked as my third - so, in other words, I do alright with getting quality conversation, and uplifting words (including when some of my ex-boyfriends help bring me closer to God by reminding me of a Scripture passage!) with someone I'm in a relationship with. It was how I survived a year and half long distance at one point.

I think LDR's work - though I acknowledge there are a lot of challenges with them. It's about you - and the person you are in the relationship with - that matters the most.
I think this is really solid advice!!! :)
Aug 7th 2013 new
Here is one good reason !!! My new favorite song:

Just a Kiss Lyrics-Lady Antebellum

Aug 11th 2013 new
i truly believe they can work.
its all about praying for the right partner and God will
definately shorten the distance!
one relocates to the other and life moves on!
Posts 21 - 30 of 35