Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Has it helped for any type of ailments/problems you've had? I've never tried either.
Jul 26th 2013 new
Hi Julie. I've had acupuncture and loved it. I'm the biggest chicken about needles but it didn't hurt at all and I felt great afterwards. Acupuncture is effective for pain and all sorts of conditions. Hope this helps.

flower
Jul 26th 2013 new
My therapist of several years, hypnotized me to quit smoking. It worked. I had quit for nearly 8 years. Started back with the habit, and then just decided a year ago that I'm really not a smoker and stopped. But 10 years ago, it was very good to have quit. I think because I trusted her implicitly, she was able to hypnotize me.
Jul 27th 2013 new
Hi Julie. I tried hypnosis for weight control...it was at a hotel seminar. After I thought about it and lost almost 2 hours of time, I was grateful that the people running it were honest. Really, they could have gone through purses and took credit cards or jewelry and unless you were conscious about your belongings, it could be awhile before you realized it.

They did send you home with a cassette tape that was suppose to let you meditate. You weren't suppose to listen to it in the car I case you went to "your calming place".

i was lighter by 50 bucks!!!

Eileen
Jul 27th 2013 new
I tried the hypnotist for weight loss but it did not help me. Also, I tried acupuncture for the carpal tunnel in my hand and that did not work.
Jul 27th 2013 new
There is some good data for the efficacy of acupuncture. Just make sure you see a reputable practitioner. I have heard it may take more than one session. Take Care.
Jul 27th 2013 new
(quote) Julie-42315 said: Has it helped for any type of ailments/problems you've had? I've never tried either.
My ex boyfriend had acupuncture- I never saw him when he did this or what they did. He said he felt great afterward. I have not tried hypnosis. I have been to chiropractor and when they used the TENs machine- it got rid of pain and I felt wonderful.
Jul 27th 2013 new
Thanks for the replies ladies! wave Actually, my younger sister thinks acupuncture helped her fertility issues. She had a baby at age 41 and is overjoyed.

I've had long standing sinus/allergies woes. I was wondering if acupuncture could help that - not much else has.

There are some meditation/relaxation/hypnosis videos on Youtube. Some of them are relaxing, help promote sleep.
Jul 27th 2013 new
(quote) Marian-83994 said: My ex boyfriend had acupuncture- I never saw him when he did this or what they did. He said he felt great afterward. I have not tried hypnosis. I have been to chiropractor and when they used the TENs machine- it got rid of pain and I felt wonderful.
Hi Marion. Not sure what the TENs machine is. I did visit a chiropractor many years ago when I strained a muscle in the back of my neck. He has an office two blocks away, took a dark x-ray, gave me an "adjustment" told me to come back again in the afternoon, which I did. He proceeded to show me a slide presentation on how birth strains the spine and how chiropractic treatment can cure just about ANYTHING. He wanted me to come back for many additional visits and then lifelong maintenance!

His office was full of religious pictures and he kept saying with his his hands closed in prayer that "God heals." Then why make all those appointments with him?? He was a strange, odd young guy. My strained muscle did not feel better, I went to a regular doc who gave me a muscle relaxer which helped and never went back to Dr. Healer.
Jul 28th 2013 new
(quote) Julie-42315 said: Has it helped for any type of ailments/problems you've had? I've never tried either.
I had a friend who underwent a very serious operation without an anesthetic. She was under hypnoses for the operation.

No pain and recovered faster than what is considered normal for the procedure.
Posts 1 - 10 of 10