Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

some time ago somebody asked Would you like to be saint? much person answered YES, but now the question is : How can you be saint between in the world?
Jul 26th 2013 new
We are all called to be saints.

1 - Put God first.
2 - Know His wisdom.
3 - Apply it in our lives.
4 - Don't listen to the temptations of the world.
5 - Go to confession if you do listen.

"Let us then not be ashamed to confess the Crucified."
-- St. Cyril of Jerusalem, in his "Catecheses" (xiii, 36)
Jul 29th 2013 new
I enjoy your posts, Jack. Concise, relevant, and to the point. Thanks.
Jul 30th 2013 new
(quote) Guadalupe-68372 said: some time ago somebody asked Would you like to be saint? much person answered YES, but now the question is : How can you be saint between in the world?
The path to sainthood is strewn with obstacles. Do we despise people because they worship in a temple or mosque, or not at all? Do we enthusiastically support unnecessary wars because well, our defense contractors need the work? Do we fail to speak up when we witness injustice, no matter who is the oppressor? Are we silent when acquaintances ridicule our faith, the pro-life movement?
It's a 24/7 struggle. I've got a better chance of winning the Powerball jackpot laughing than ever reaching sainthood, but it's a noble quest! Harp
Jul 30th 2013 new
(quote) Peter-449116 said: I've got a better chance of winning the Powerball jackpot than ever reaching sainthood
You wanna bet on that?

(I wonder if it is feasibly mathematical to suggest that the postulate-held-in-faith of infinity of mercy suggests that each of us has a better chance of sainthood ... even a defence contractor who is enjoying some unnecessary work.)
Jul 30th 2013 new
(quote) Guadalupe-68372 said: some time ago somebody asked Would you like to be saint? much person answered YES, but now the question is : How can you be saint between in the world?
Our Lord said it best.Who can do better than this!
Douay-Rheims Bible
He answering, said: Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with thy whole heart, and with thy whole soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind: and thy neighbour as thyself.
Jul 31st 2013 new
(quote) Peter-449116 said: The path to sainthood is strewn with obstacles. Do we despise people because they worship in a temple or mosque, or not at all? Do we enthusiastically support unnecessary wars because well, our defense contractors need the work? Do we fail to speak up when we witness injustice, no matter who is the oppressor? Are we silent when acquaintances ridicule our faith, the pro-life movement?
It's a 24/7 struggle. I've got a better chance of winning the Powerball jackpot than ever reaching sainthood, but it's a noble quest!
Just remember, Peter,that if you make it to heaven even after a long period in Purgatory, you will be a saint. Maybe not one canonized, honored and celebrated by the Church, but a saint nevertheless.
Posts 1 - 7 of 7