Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Jun 4th 2013 new
I look at it like this. Was I supposed to get married then divorced just so I could say I had been married. I prefer to remain single than marry the wrong person and be miserable.
Jun 14th 2013 new
Louise, the OP, know that you are not alone, and I too face the same thing. I go to mass alone, visit different parishes often, and I get this cold indifference with people, they assume the worse and that I'm there to make up for some sordid past. They assume I was married, assume I have kids, assume I have this playboy past, or worse. I go to mass with Mary our blessed Mother, and I ignore what the rest are thinking, or implying along what they are thinking. Once in a great while I will run into someone that gets where I'm coming from, they will actually engage and especially in church settings, every thing coming out of my mouth is God centered, God related, and then I get the whole, why don't you join the Priesthood, and they start making plans for my life, as one.... I'm going, already looked into that, I'm hard wired for having a family, God put that calling into my heart, and even though I'm ministering pretty much everywhere I go, I know my calling and it's not to be a priest.

I'm running the gambit on this online dating site, of which they keep insisting is the only way to find like minded single women. So far, the majority of the ones viewing my profile are older then me, much older in some cases, so I'm not jumping up and down over it so far at all. I can't relate to someone divorced, with kids, on a relationship level in full, I have tried that in the past, it doesn't work.

Along "picky", how about you have basic standards and aren't going to compromise, especially when it comes to placing someone else ahead of God. That is basically what they are saying, and compromise is never an option, for if you did, you would close the door to who would be right for you with out having to lower your standards, without having you diminish your relationship with God.
Jun 15th 2013 new
Well said Ann - I definitely agree with you there!
Jul 18th 2013 new
Great topic, Louise!

I used to get that a lot. I'd usually try to come up with something witty to say until I got tired of it.
For a good while now, I say, "Because God hasn't willed it."
It is the truth, after all.
Jul 28th 2013 new
Most of the comments are funny........................I get it all the time..............."it" being the "your too picky." The funny part is though, that from a man's perspective, I do think women are way, way too picky.............tall, short, husky, not husky, fat, skinny, too much body hair, not enough body hair, job, no job, house, rent, Catholic, but not New Age, too strict, not strict enough.............blah blah blah..................too many pics, not enough pics, too big of a family, family not big enough.

Ohhh, another good one is "not ever having kids..........." Oh yes.................this is a good one, it's much like the picky thang...............(yes I spelt thing as thang on purpose)...............so do not correct my spelling...........

I mean the "fairy-tale" our society has built up with cognitive dissonance is amazing.

We just don't know the truth any longer, let alone how to speak the truth, or even recognize it!!

We fail because we build our expectations into reality. Then we realize, yes maybe we are too picky!!

I mean, I see so many couples, many, many couples and believe me, based on my thoughts of attraction, I don't see at all what either person is attracted too!!

We end up rationalizing, and making ourselves believe, for example, I am really hungry, but I don't have anything to eat or cook, so well, really I am not hungry. Finally, we decide we do not want to eat at all.

We do the same thing in relationships...........................we rationalize.................is reality perception or is perception reality......................
Jul 28th 2013 new
Bingo...............you are the winner of the CM prize................another six month membership........................... tongue tongue wave

You can say I was just too picky..........................I think Jerry Seinfeld said, selective.....................not picky.........

So selective or picky..........................

All I know is, I would never date someone who ate their peas one-at-a-time!!!!!

Corn, that's ok, but peas..............NO WAY!!!!
Jul 28th 2013 new
Better to be single than in a bad or unhappy marriage.
Jul 28th 2013 new
(quote) Thomas-984554 said: Most of the comments are funny........................I get it all the time..............."it" being the "your too picky." The funny part is though, that from a man's perspective, I do think women are way, way too picky.............tall, short, husky, not husky, fat, skinny, too much body hair, not enough body hair, job, no job, house, rent, Catholic, but not New Age, too strict, not strict enough.............blah blah blah..................too many pics, not enough pics, too big of a family, family not big enough.

Ohhh, another good one is "not ever having kids..........." Oh yes.................this is a good one, it's much like the picky thang...............(yes I spelt thing as thang on purpose)...............so do not correct my spelling...........

I mean the "fairy-tale" our society has built up with cognitive dissonance is amazing.

We just don't know the truth any longer, let alone how to speak the truth, or even recognize it!!

We fail because we build our expectations into reality. Then we realize, yes maybe we are too picky!!

I mean, I see so many couples, many, many couples and believe me, based on my thoughts of attraction, I don't see at all what either person is attracted too!!

We end up rationalizing, and making ourselves believe, for example, I am really hungry, but I don't have anything to eat or cook, so well, really I am not hungry. Finally, we decide we do not want to eat at all.

We do the same thing in relationships...........................we rationalize.................is reality perception or is perception reality......................
So, are you too picky? laughing laughing
Jul 28th 2013 new
So.............well...........that depends on if you eat your peas one at a time...................; if yes, then yes.......if no, then hey.....................I'm not too selective...............(picky that is)........ wave

btw I just love the little movable emoticons....................I could use them all day................ hersheyskiss
Aug 14th 2013 new

Just been on this site fully for a month or so and was surprised in the number of women close to my age of 53 that have not been married. My first question was why and found this tread to be of great interest. I read this post by Vic and he said it best Personally, I very much admire a person who simply accepts what the Lord serves and so wish I could be even slightly as trusting. I agree Vic; trust in the Lord for all our needs. Still learning about this site, and I hope to make a few friends here. Hi everyone.

wave

Posts 91 - 100 of 103