Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

I just heard on EWTN's only news World Over with Raymond Aroyo that Englands health care is Euthanizing its elderly by the hundreds as well as inhumanely treating them when it comes to providing care in their senior years...care that even includes hydtration and why.... in order to save money!!!! Their death panels at work....what our govt. is implementing here now. How can any sane human being think govt. could be more humane then an insurance co.? This, by the way, is not the words he used and I can't give the horrifically large numbers reported precisely....anyone else see the report? If you seen the report, can you add details?
Jul 28th 2013 new
I did a quick search using your thread title. Here's one article www.lifesitenews.com
Jul 28th 2013 new

Active euthanasia is currently only legal in Belgium, Holland and Luxembourg. Under the laws in these countries, a persons life may be deliberately ended by their doctor or other healthcare professional.

The person is usually given an overdose of muscle relaxants or sedatives. This causes a coma and then death.

However, euthanasia is only legal:

• if that person has made an active and voluntary request to end their life, and
  • it is thought they have sufficient mental capacity to make an informed decision regarding their care, and
  • it is agreed that the person is suffering unbearably and there is no prospect for an improvement in their condition

Legal position

Both euthanasia and assisted suicide are illegal under English law.

Depending on the circumstances, euthanasia is regarded as either manslaughter or murder and is punishable by law with a maximum penalty of up to life imprisonment.

Assisted suicide is illegal under the terms of the Suicide Act (1961) and is punishable by up to 14 years' imprisonment. Attempting to commit suicide is not a criminal act in itself.

Types of euthanasia

Euthanasia can be classified in different ways, including:

• active euthanasia where a person deliberately intervenes to end someones life, for example, by injecting them with sedatives
  • passive euthanasia where a person causes death by withholding or withdrawing treatment that is necessary to maintain life, such as withholdingantibiotics in someone with pneumonia

Euthanasia can also be classified as:

• voluntary euthanasia where a person makes a conscious decision to die and asks for help to do this
  • non-voluntary euthanasia where a person is unable to give their consent (for example, because they are in a coma or are severely brain damaged) and another person takes the decision on their behalf, often because the ill person previously expressed a wish for their life to be ended in such circumstances
  • involuntary euthanasia where a person is killed against their expressed wishes

Depending on the circumstances, voluntary and non-voluntary euthanasia could be regarded as either voluntary manslaughter (where someone kills another person but circumstances can partly justify their actions) or murder.

Involuntary euthanasia is almost always regarded as murder.

There are arguments used by both supporters and opponents of euthanasia and assisted suicide. Read more about thearguments for and against euthanasia and assisted suicide.

Jul 28th 2013 new
I watched my mom 18 months ago in Louisiana be starved and dehydrated. She was 77. Her BD is Dec 8th Immaculate Conception Day.
Jul 28th 2013 new
(quote) Thomas-984554 said:

Active euthanasia is currently only legal in Belgium, Holland and Luxembourg. Under the laws in these countries, a persons life may be deliberately ended by their doctor or other healthcare professional.

The person is usually given an overdose of muscle relaxants or sedatives. This causes a coma and then death.

However, euthanasia is only legal:

if that person has made an active and voluntary request to end their life, andit is thought they have sufficient mental capacity to make an informed decision regarding their care, andit is agreed that the person is suffering unbearably and there is no prospect for an improvement in their condition

Legal position

Both euthanasia and assisted suicide are illegal under English law.

Depending on the circumstances, euthanasia is regarded as either manslaughter or murder and is punishable by law with a maximum penalty of up to life imprisonment.

Assisted suicide is illegal under the terms of the Suicide Act (1961) and is punishable by up to 14 years' imprisonment. Attempting to commit suicide is not a criminal act in itself.

Types of euthanasia

Euthanasia can be classified in different ways, including:

active euthanasia where a person deliberately intervenes to end someones life, for example, by injecting them with sedatives passive euthanasia where a person causes death by withholding or withdrawing treatment that is necessary to maintain life, such as withholdingantibiotics in someone with pneumonia

Euthanasia can also be classified as:

voluntary euthanasia where a person makes a conscious decision to die and asks for help to do thisnon-voluntary euthanasia where a person is unable to give their consent (for example, because they are in a coma or are severely brain damaged) and another person takes the decision on their behalf, often because the ill person previously expressed a wish for their life to be ended in such circumstancesinvoluntary euthanasia where a person is killed against their expressed wishes

Depending on the circumstances, voluntary and non-voluntary euthanasia could be regarded as either voluntary manslaughter (where someone kills another person but circumstances can partly justify their actions) or murder.

Involuntary euthanasia is almost always regarded as murder.

There are arguments used by both supporters and opponents of euthanasia and assisted suicide. Read more about thearguments for and against euthanasia and assisted suicide.

The people mentioned in this article were killed by dehydration after being put into a coma beforehand by sedation. This is often called "passive euthanasia," and is widely practiced as a way of sidestepping the fact that direct euthanasia is illegal.

The "patient" winds up just as dead by the hand of one that should care for him.

Here is one place that attempted to do something about this:

www.lifesitenews.com

Jul 28th 2013 new
Soylent Green , Logan Run and 1984so much truth to these movies
Jul 29th 2013 new
legal or illegal....they are doing it there and it is scary as all get out because this is what liberals want for us here....

Jul 29th 2013 new
thanks..wow...this is so sad!

130,000 elderly patients killed every year by death pathway, claims leading UK doctor
Jul 29th 2013 new
(quote) Wendy-387654 said: I did a quick search using your thread title. Here's one article http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/1300000-elderly-patients-killed-every-year-by-death-pathway-top-uk-doctor/
I should have quoted, so people know what I was wowing.

Jul 30th 2013 new
(quote) Cheryl-409772 said: I should have quoted, so people know what I was wowing.

Cheryl:

It would be better if you looked over your post and corrected it. It is frustrating
to take the time to read a post, then not comprehend what the typos mean.

What is "wowing."
Posts 1 - 10 of 15