Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

cropping a new profile photo

Jul 28th 2013 new
I was trying to upload a new profile photo just now, but I could hardly zoom in at all (to get my face without too much else). The image was far bigger than the 200x200 pixels, so lack of image detail shouldn't have been the problem. Am I doing something wrong?
Jul 28th 2013 new
Hi Adam,
Were you using an iPad to upload your photo?
Jul 28th 2013 new
nope, normal laptop w/ Firefox
Jul 28th 2013 new
just tried it in Chrome, worked even worse yet
Jul 29th 2013 new
(quote) Adam-399324 said: I was trying to upload a new profile photo just now, but I could hardly zoom in at all (to get my face without too much else). The image was far bigger than the 200x200 pixels, so lack of image detail shouldn't have been the problem. Am I doing something wrong?
Adam have you tried using the software that came with your camera? I have Nikon software, which may have the capability to crop an image, I'm not sure. My iMac came with iPhoto which has a crop feature, but mostly I use Photoshop. Your computer may have an equivalent to iPhoto in your software package. Sorry, I haven't used a standard computer in many years, so this may not be much help.
Jul 29th 2013 new
Yeah, something isn't working as intended - it crops much more closely under my admin tools (which would have been properly recropped when it was reviewed), but didn't behave that way on the user-side tool.

I'll look into that.

However your photo is very dark, and I'd stick with your current wink
Jul 31st 2013 new
Try again. I reworked the scaling on it and (hopefully - seems to me after my tests!) it's fixed.
Posts 1 - 7 of 7