Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Seriously, I don't get it....

Jul 30th 2013 new
I have a question...how is it that the president gets to appoint Holder anyway....does this make any sense since his buddy will cover up for him and vice-versa as one of his appointees. I guess our forefathers goofed big time when they gave the President the power to appoint the attorney general.....highest legal prosecution office we have. I mean they are both crooked to the bones and neither one will do anything about the other since Holder is his appointee. Seems to me this office should be an elected independent office.....or perhaps have to be held by the opposite party to keep checks and balances in place.
Jul 30th 2013 new
(quote) Cheryl-409772 said: I have a question...how is it that the president gets to appoint Holder anyway....does this make any sense since his buddy will cover up for him and vice-versa as one of his appointees. I guess our forefathers goofed big time when they gave the President the power to appoint the attorney general.....highest legal prosecution office we have. I mean they are both crooked to the bones and neither one will do anything about the other since Holder is his appointee. Seems to me this office should be an elected independent office.....or perhaps have to be held by the opposite party to keep checks and balances in place.
<sigh>
en.wikipedia.org

I guess you would've been ok with Jack and Bobby?

Jul 30th 2013 new
(quote) Cheryl-409772 said: I have a question...how is it that the president gets to appoint Holder anyway....does this make any sense since his buddy will cover up for him and vice-versa as one of his appointees. I guess our forefathers goofed big time when they gave the President the power to appoint the attorney general.....highest legal prosecution office we have. I mean they are both crooked to the bones and neither one will do anything about the other since Holder is his appointee. Seems to me this office should be an elected independent office.....or perhaps have to be held by the opposite party to keep checks and balances in place.
Cheryl: You have a good point there. Maybe both of them will be up on
charges when they are both out of their jobs.

If Hillary gets in, all bets are off.
Jul 31st 2013 new
(quote) Marianne-100218 said: Cheryl: You have a good point there. Maybe both of them will be up on
charges when they are both out of their jobs.

If Hillary gets in, all bets are off.
Here comes Hillary the movie its seems its always a movie.
Posts 1 - 4 of 4