Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Your Favorite Quotes

Jul 30th 2013 new
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.Plato
Greek author & philosopher in Athens (427 BC - 347 BC)
Jul 30th 2013 new
...as you wish
Jul 30th 2013 new
Because God has made us for Himself, our hearts are restless until they rest in Him.
Augustine of Hippo
Jul 30th 2013 new
I complained because I had no shoes till I met a man who had no feet
Jul 30th 2013 new
"The one thing that man can do that the devil will never be able to is PRAY"
Jul 30th 2013 new
One of my favorites and perhaps pertinent to CatholicMatch...

"Nearly all marriages, even happy ones, are mistakes: in the sense that almost certainly (in a more perfect world, or even with a little more care in this very imperfect one) both partners might be found more suitable mates. But the real soul-mate is the one you are actually married to." J.R.R. Tolkein to his son

Another Tolkein favorite:

"
Out of the darkness of my life, so much frustrated, I put before you the one great thing to love on earth: the Blessed Sacrament... There you will find romance, glory, honour, fidelity, and the true way of all your loves on earth, and more than that: Death. By the divine paradox, that which ends life, and demands the surrender of all, and yet by the taste -or foretaste- of which alone can what you seek in your earthly relationships (love, faithfulness, joy) be maintained, or take on that complexion of reality, of eternal endurance, which every man's heart desires."

Jul 30th 2013 new
Live simply so that others my simply live. Gandhi
Jul 30th 2013 new
"I'm a little pencil in the hand of a writing God, who is sending a love letter to the world."
~ Mother Teresa
Jul 30th 2013 new
"Do a kind deed now for tomorrow it may be too late"-either Emerson or Dickinson and "Deliberate cruelty is the only unforgivable sin"-Tennessee Williams
Jul 30th 2013 new
"Your point of View depends on where you Stand." ~~ scratchchin biggrin
Posts 1 - 10 of 74