Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

Jul 6th 2013 new
I would marry from another rite. I hope to love the whole person and for they to love me. I will not ask them to forfeit what has helped them to develop what I love about them. I would go to their mass and I hope that they would come to mine and encourage my walk of faith as well. i am who they chose to love and my faith developed where it did.
Jul 30th 2013 new
My parents were carasmatics (not sure on the spelling) and I grew up with and am most comfortable with the vatican 2 format. I've been to the latin masses before but honestly I can't get into it. I've been to mass at the New Cathedral in St. Louis where they do a more traditional mass very close to the latin mass but in English. I liked that better actually then the regular masses I go to . Now that I live closer I might even join the St. Louis Cathedral Parish.
Jul 30th 2013 new
Interesting, Ann. I'm just the opposite. I converted to Traditionalism and embraced the Latin Mass. It's the Vatican II format I can't go back to (though I was raised that way).
Jul 31st 2013 new
Like you I was raised in the new Mass. In fact, I didn't even know there was such a thing as the Latin Mass until I was seventeen.

While it may not be a deal-breaker depending on who you meet and chemistry etc., the difficulty is not just a "liturgical preference" in my opinion, it is an entire culture, an entire way of life. Traditional Catholics aren't just different liturgically, we are different spiritually, culturally, and logistically. We look at things differently, we come to different solutions and propose ideas that most (forgive the term) novus ordo Catholics wouldn't dream of embracing. Translate that into relationships and you have in my opinion a chasm of sorts. Sure, the Sacraments are still the Sacraments and the Church is still the Church, but in my short time I have found that the differences unfortunately outweigh the similarities.

I would definitely aim towards finding someone of the same traditional perspective as you, but be prudent. I hate to give you that advice as the theology manuals say prudence is a "vicious circle", but that is the best we can hope for in this life. The purest form of love exists only in heaven, where there won't be any "liturgical preferences" I can assure you... boggled
Posts 41 - 44 of 44