Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Elected officials

Jul 31st 2013 new
Elected officials are also known as public servants. They are supposed to serve the public not themselves!

As an example Jesus washed the feet of His Apostles. An action that is still seen as the lowest of degrading jobs. Can you see any elected official, national, state, or local level, cleaning the toilets of their constituency? If they won't do it why would they deserve your vite? They expect us to be satisfied with the carp they think we deserve!?

Yes I know there are some worthy of a vote. Rick Santorum is one I remember whose words match his actions Anyone else think someone's actions are a witness to "Our Father who ... Thy Kingdom come. Thy will bedone on dart as it is in heaven."
Jul 31st 2013 new
(quote) Clair-6292 said: Elected officials are also known as public servants. They are supposed to serve the public not themselves!

As an example Jesus washed the feet of His Apostles. An action that is still seen as the lowest of degrading jobs. Can you see any elected official, national, state, or local level, cleaning the toilets of their constituency? If they won't do it why would they deserve your vite? They expect us to be satisfied with the carp they think we deserve!?

Yes I know there are some worthy of a vote. Rick Santorum is one I remember whose words match his actions Anyone else think someone's actions are a witness to "Our Father who ... Thy Kingdom come. Thy will bedone on dart as it is in heaven."
Our Lord and Savior was NOT a politician. This was a poor analogy to make.


Jul 31st 2013 new
Our Lord and Savior was NOT a politician, however, he was in a position of authority with his apostles and by washing their feet, he was showing that in order to have true authority, we must serve those we have authority over. Politicians are in positions of authority and while I would not expect them to clean toilets, a spirit of service from them would be a welcome change.
Jul 31st 2013 new
(quote) Charles-211696 said: Our Lord and Savior was NOT a politician. This was a poor analogy to make.


No, He is King to whom all authority is given.

All power comes from Christ [Rom 13:1-5], so elected officials are not merely or even primarily public servants. They also serve God, and are answerable to Him for the use or abuse of their authority.

Let every soul be subject to higher powers: for there is no power but from God: and those that are, are ordained of God. [2] Therefore he that resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God. And they that resist, purchase to themselves damnation. [3] For princes are not a terror to the good work, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? Do that which is good: and thou shalt have praise from the same. [4] For he is God' s minister to thee, for good. But if thou do that which is evil, fear: for he beareth not the sword in vain. For he is God' s minister: an avenger to execute wrath upon him that doth evil. [5] Wherefore be subject of necessity, not only for wrath, but also for conscience' sake.


Jul 31st 2013 new
(quote) Dan-28682 said: Our Lord and Savior was NOT a politician, however, he was in a position of authority with his apostles and by washing their feet, he was showing that in order to have true authority, we must serve those we have authority over. Politicians are in positions of authority and while I would not expect them to clean toilets, a spirit of service from them would be a welcome change.
eyepopping I would settle for honest as a welcome change from them. eyepopping

The problem is that they should be volunteering their time and then going back to their jobs the way it was meant to be and was when this country started. They shouldn't be voting themselves all this exorbitant pay for a life time regardless of terms served or even if they are in Jail (oh yea they still get it) and the best health care while we all scrape and scrap.
Posts 1 - 5 of 5