Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

We are always looking for way to help make CatholicMatch as affordable and good a value as we can. One of the ideas that we are considering is that after someone would sign-up for their initial 6 month subscription (this would only be available for this length) that instead of of having to pay a renewal fee of 49.95 for the next six months they would actually just pay 8.99 per month for the next six months. Which comes out to about $3 more only because we will have higher credit card fees from charging the card 6 times instead of one. Now in order to get that pricing you would have to agree to to your card being charged for six months at 8.99 but this way you would not have to pay the lump sum of 49.95 which is a lot of money for some people all at once.

Does this interest anyone? Pros? Cons?

Initially we would try something like this as a test for limited customers and see how it would work and then if it was well received roll the option out to everyone.

In order to get the most effective feed back please keep the discussion on this narrow topic and not in other areas of subscriptions or site features.

Thanks for you help.
Jul 31 new
I believe breaking it down by the month makes it more appealing and allows folks to realize it's more affordable than they initially realized. Appealing and affordable is a good combination.
Jul 31 new

Can you offer people both options? That would accommidate everyone.
Aug 01 new
(quote) Jacqueline-198 said: I believe breaking it down by the month makes it more appealing and allows folks to realize it's more affordable than they initially realized. Appealing and affordable is a good combination.
I agree that breaking it down month to month is appealing. Does this mean a person would have to agree to a six month period or could the person just pay month to month?
Aug 01 new
(quote) Josephine-586127 said:
my thoughts too
Aug 01 new
Yes coming up with a lump sum can be difficult a smaller month to month fee would be more appealing even if it ends up totally a few $ more in the long run.
Aug 01 new
(quote) Josephine-586127 said:
I agree! I abhor month-by-month nickel-diming schemes without other options. But do ADD that option for those who it may better serve. In today's "electronic world" additional options should not represent a big challenge beyond the initial setup and programming.
Aug 01 new
Absolutely for me. Paying the one lump sum fee is prohibitive - being able to pay a small monthly fee is much easier to do. If it's just three dollars more overall, I'd be more than happy to do that.
Aug 01 new
What would the monthly credit card fee be?
Aug 01 new
I like this option.
Posts 1 - 10 of 42