Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

There often seems to be so much sadness instead of joy, judgment instead of compassion, and fear instead of trust. Not a bad thing, sust inince it is through recognizing and cirrecting our own weaknesses, we become stronger in our faith and in our community. Thinking about this, I wrote a letter to God and thought I would share it just in case there is anyone else out there who might feel a little better just by the reading.

Dearest Father,

I know we speak daily, but all too often I spend our time together on my ownsilly worries and cares. Silly because before the words are uttered You havealready answered, knowing the mysteries of my heart far better than I. Alwaysknowing the question before it can even be formulated in my busy mind. It is toYour guiding hand I hold fast in complete faith and unflinching trust.

I remember to send love and blessings into your beautiful world, yet somehowthink that more of me is needed. There is so very much to do and I often feelunequal to the tasks you charge me with daily. I wonder if You ever get tiredof my saying that, since You always see to it that I have all I need toaccomplish anything You ask of me. For all this and more I am eternally grateful.I am, in all things, elevated by Your love.

I offer you this letter, filled with loving prayers for all my brothers andsisters. I send you my deepest desires for the earthly paradise You have beenso kind as to provide for us. I pour myself out to You on the altar ofbrotherly love knowing that nothing is impossible to He who created all things.And in all things, placed grace and love to lift us to a higher place of pure,divine light.

I ask that You send your angels to speak clearly to all who wish to hear, butare too frightened to open their hearts to Your loving words. Grant the peacethat comes from listening to all of Your children. It is in opening our heartsto hear that we are blessed with the inspiration to do those things which canmake a difference.

I ask that You fill every soul with the wisdom to trust fully in the guidancereceived. To release all fear of failure and ridicule so that we may standfirmly in the light and, in so doing, shine that light brilliantly to everyonearound us. Let us, one by one, join together with an intensity that will banishdarkness forever.

I ask that You inspire all that have been called to Your work to overflow withthe joyful courage needed to take action. Grant that we may all understand eachsmall step taken creates countless ripples of love throughout the universe. Letus be about the business of 'doing' as You would have us do.

I ask all of these things in the firm belief that You have heard and with thepassionate affirmation that You have answered. But just in case You have abetter plan, I close as always with .... THIS or something BETTER, Lord.

Aug 1st 2013 new
(quote) Monica-977379 said: There often seems to be so much sadness instead of joy, judgment instead of compassion, and fear instead of trust. Not a bad thing, sust inince it is through recognizing and cirrecting our own weaknesses, we become stronger in our faith and in our community. Thinking about this, I wrote a letter to God and thought I would share it just in case there is anyone else out there who might feel a little better just by the reading.

Dearest Father,

I know we speak daily, but all too often I spend our time together on my ownsilly worries and cares. Silly because before the words are uttered You havealready answered, knowing the mysteries of my heart far better than I. Alwaysknowing the question before it can even be formulated in my busy mind. It is toYour guiding hand I hold fast in complete faith and unflinching trust.

I remember to send love and blessings into your beautiful world, yet somehowthink that more of me is needed. There is so very much to do and I often feelunequal to the tasks you charge me with daily. I wonder if You ever get tiredof my saying that, since You always see to it that I have all I need toaccomplish anything You ask of me. For all this and more I am eternally grateful.I am, in all things, elevated by Your love.

I offer you this letter, filled with loving prayers for all my brothers andsisters. I send you my deepest desires for the earthly paradise You have beenso kind as to provide for us. I pour myself out to You on the altar ofbrotherly love knowing that nothing is impossible to He who created all things.And in all things, placed grace and love to lift us to a higher place of pure,divine light.

I ask that You send your angels to speak clearly to all who wish to hear, butare too frightened to open their hearts to Your loving words. Grant the peacethat comes from listening to all of Your children. It is in opening our heartsto hear that we are blessed with the inspiration to do those things which canmake a difference.

I ask that You fill every soul with the wisdom to trust fully in the guidancereceived. To release all fear of failure and ridicule so that we may standfirmly in the light and, in so doing, shine that light brilliantly to everyonearound us. Let us, one by one, join together with an intensity that will banishdarkness forever.

I ask that You inspire all that have been called to Your work to overflow withthe joyful courage needed to take action. Grant that we may all understand eachsmall step taken creates countless ripples of love throughout the universe. Letus be about the business of 'doing' as You would have us do.

I ask all of these things in the firm belief that You have heard and with thepassionate affirmation that You have answered. But just in case You have abetter plan, I close as always with .... THIS or something BETTER, Lord.

How profound Monica! A beautiful prayer and not only do I feel better...but am keeping this one!
Aug 1st 2013 new
Beautiful prayer Monica, thank-you for sharing it.
Aug 2nd 2013 new
Praying theheart theheart
Amen.

Thanks .

Posts 1 - 4 of 4