Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

A question

Aug 4th 2013 new
Here is a question for everyone, especially for the men.

I am a full time student, and because of this, I only work part time. I know it will be better for me in the future to have my Bachelor's Degree over my Associate's Degree, but does that look bad on my profile? Should I even mention that I am a student, over a working woman? What are your thoughts?

Aug 4th 2013 new
smile tell the truth plus what all your goals are .
Aug 4th 2013 new
Hi Beth!

I took a quick peek at your profile and I think you explained yourself just fine. It pays to be honest about your current status, which you have under education and employment status. But you also explained that you are finishing up your Bachelors degree and mentioned what you are looking to do with it. I think it looks good!
Aug 5th 2013 new
(quote) Beth-307699 said: Here is a question for everyone, especially for the men.
Should I even mention that I am a student, over a working woman? What are your thoughts?

if it were me.. i think it would be important.. i like People that take initiative and are doing something to improve themselves. So saying you are a Student and working P/T shows considerable effort in working towards your Goals. biggrin Praying
Aug 5th 2013 new
Hi Beth,
I'm in the same situation, so I've often wondered if a lack of a degree hinders possible matches.
I agree with the other posters - it speaks well of you that you're working and going to school at the same time. That's not easy!
Aug 5th 2013 new
I have nothing but respect for someone working and going to school (or even just going to school as...what do they term it, a "non-traditional" student). Settling into a routine is easy, fighting the momentum of life is hard. Tell your story, tell your goals, be honest, and recognize the worth of your efforts.
Aug 5th 2013 new
Thanks everyone!! I was beginning to think I should down play that portion of my life since most people my age already have careers. I've had a career, but I wanted to further my education to advance my career! I'll make sure to keep that portion on my profile. As for my goals, I'll let that be the "mystery", as my degree is only part of the story! wink
Aug 5th 2013 new
(quote) Lindsey-426482 said: Hi Beth,
I'm in the same situation, so I've often wondered if a lack of a degree hinders possible matches.
I agree with the other posters - it speaks well of you that you're working and going to school at the same time. That's not easy!
You are right, it isn't easy, trying to find time to do homework, work, go to class, and keep up on chores is tough, thankfully, so far I'm finding school easier this time around than when I received my associate's degree! Keep working at it Lindsey, and you will get there! biggrin
Aug 5th 2013 new
(quote) David-268379 said: I have nothing but respect for someone working and going to school (or even just going to school as...what do they term it, a "non-traditional" student). 
Yes, I'm considered a Non-traditional student. Thankfully, my school has programs for non-trad students! Thanks for the support!
Aug 5th 2013 new
(quote) Beth-307699 said: Yes, I'm considered a Non-traditional student. Thankfully, my school has programs for non-trad students! Thanks for the support!
I do not discourage anyone wanting to better themselves. i my self had not interest in college, though I do have some advance education. I look at the job market, and have over the years that blue collar earn a better income than white collar, unless you manage to get up to upper management. In my line of work, the following statement has always been true. " Managers come and managers go quicker than a revolving door but I am still here" i do not mean promoted, fired. It is the nature of the beast. I have also found more college students working a much lower job even though they went to college and earned that degree. They are pro and cons to everything. I guess it comes right down to this" What do expect to receive in return for all the time and effort and money you put in to get this degree.
Posts 1 - 10 of 24