Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

1. For the record: Franciscans of the Immaculate - three official responses to Vatican Insider and other official statements
2. IMPORTANT: Pope Benedict XVI did not order the FFI visitation, PCED supported FFI norms on use of Vetus Ordo in 2012
3. Texts and commentary from Rorate

rorate-caeli.blogspot.com
Aug 6th 2013 new
I am confused Pope Francis is the current Pope.
Aug 6th 2013 new
(quote) Kristin-926543 said: I am confused Pope Francis is the current Pope.
The visitation occurred in 2012, while Benedict was still Pope.
Aug 6th 2013 new
(quote) Bernard-2709 said: 1. For the record: Franciscans of the Immaculate - three official responses to Vatican Insider and other official statements
2. IMPORTANT: Pope Benedict XVI did not order the FFI visitation, PCED supported FFI norms on use of Vetus Ordo in 2012
3. Texts and commentary from Rorate http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2013/08/for-record-franciscan-friars-of.html#more
I don't consider Rotate-Caeli to be a very reliable source, as they (and a large portion of their bloggers) most always seem to be constantly complaining, complaining, complaining about one thing or another related (to the whomever is) the current pope, the Holy See and most things related to Vatican II. It is hard for me to imagine that any non-Catholic would be attracted to the Catholic Church if their only exposure is that web site.

rorate-caeli.blogspot.com

Just my thoughts.

Ed
Aug 6th 2013 new
(quote) ED-20630 said: I don't consider Rotate-Caeli to be a very reliable source, as they (and a large portion of their bloggers) most always seem to be constantly complaining, complaining, complaining about one thing or another related (to the whomever is) the current pope, the Holy See and most things related to Vatican II. It is hard for me to imagine that any non-Catholic would be attracted to the Catholic Church if their only exposure is that web site.

http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2013/08/for-record-franciscan-friars-of.html#more

Just my thoughts.

Ed
I agree with you completely, Ed. For many people, that site is very much a near occasion of sin -- or worse. I have never been a regular reader for just that reason; these days, I rarely even follow links there.

Aug 7th 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: I agree with you completely, Ed. For many people, that site is very much a near occasion of sin -- or worse. I have never been a regular reader for just that reason; these days, I rarely even follow links there.

The continual stream of mostly negative blog comments on that web site bring to mind the image of a bunch of gossipy (spelling?) men and women sitting at a big table at a restaurant or bar and dishing up the latest dirt on someone whom is not in their company. Then, when that person shows up, they quit talking about them and act all nicey, nicey (spelling?) toward them. I agree with you that some/much of the "gossip" seems either sinful (to me) or the near occasion of sin. I find it to be a real turn-off.

Ed
Aug 7th 2013 new
(quote) ED-20630 said: I don't consider Rotate-Caeli to be a very reliable source, as they (and a large portion of their bloggers) most always seem to be constantly complaining, complaining, complaining about one thing or another related (to the whomever is) the current pope, the Holy See and most things related to Vatican II. It is hard for me to imagine that any non-Catholic would be attracted to the Catholic Church if their only exposure is that web site.

http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2013/08/for-record-franciscan-friars-of.html#more

Just my thoughts.

Ed
I don't agree with anyone one source 100% of the time,but it is the best source for current events I have found.After going to many of the local Parishes,nothing shocks me anymore
Aug 7th 2013 new
(quote) ED-20630 said: Bernard,

I can certainly appreciate that hardly any source is on the mark 100% of the time, and many of our local parishes have small and large things that need serious attention/reform.... I just think that the Rorate website/group has some very, very significant mold/rot growing within it. If I went to Mass at my local parish and then had to listen to the majority of parishioners (blog posters) complaining about the Church as they gathered to visit after Mass, I would think that there are very serious problems within the parish.

From Mathew 7:16-20:
16) By their fruits you will know them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?
17) Just so, every good tree bears good fruit, and a rotten tree bears bad fruit.
18) A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a rotten tree bear good fruit.
19) Every tree that does not bear good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire.
20) So by their fruits you will know them.

If some of the significant "fruit" of the Rorate site is the large percentage of negative, uncharitable and somewhat nasty (at times) blog postings, then it seems to me that this "fruit" says a lot about the organization in charge of the web site. "A good tree cannot bear bad fruit", after all.

Ed
That's fine Ed.You don't have to read it then,That's my best advice to you.
Aug 7th 2013 new
I was being sly Jerry, I know who was the pope in 2011. St.Padre Pio - "the question why has ruined the world". I hope I can follow his advice in some small way.
Posts 1 - 10 of 13