Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Rigoletto in 3 Acts

Aug 8th 2013 new
A friend of mine is in the Opera Rigoletto and invited me to come watch it next week. I've never been to an opera before and don't especially love hearing them, but think I'll go. Have you seen this one? How appropriate would it be to bring all my children to? The boys are 25 and 23 and the girls are 20, 17, almost 11, and 8. They are all interested but when I looked at a few versions on youtube, there was some very inappropriate behavior for at least the younger girls to witness. I suppose I'll have to delicately ask my friend which of his 10 kids he feels it is ok for, since his kids are all in the same age range as mine. I'm looking up the story line to better judge, but I thought the good people of CM would be a good resource and knowledgeable and would share their thoughts and experiences.
Aug 8th 2013 new
You are a miracle worker if you got all 6 of them to agree to anything - and all be interested at the same time. smile Do not know the storyline though so cannot be of assistance in determining the age appropriateness of the Opera.
Posts 1 - 2 of 2