Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

I read two interesting articles this morning, both very different but my twisted mind lumped them together as having faith in humanity. One was the story of a priest who showed up at a traffic accident and prayed and anointed a young girl who was critically injured. Her spiraling vital signs improved. This angel in black came from out of no where and offered help, prayers, and healing. In all the photos taken during the scene, he did not appear in any of them. No one knew him but everyone wants to now. They cannot find him. Some are calling him an angel because of the good that worked through him that day. They saw proof that of goodness and good will, and the people believed.

The next story i read was about a young female nurse who reportedly took money from a 105 year old male nursing home patient.
Be honest, what was your first reaction when you read that bold sentence?

This girl's face was plastered all over the internet in the news. so many people called her trash and were ashamed of her. So many stones were casts from blaming it on her meth habit to her just being that kind of girl because of a photo she took a friend who was posing punk style and flipping the camera off. No one had anything good to say about this young lady. Everyone judged her, tried her and convicted her instantly. Where is faith in humanity here? When i read this, I felt sorry for her, for her family and her friends.

I guess that makes me the odd one out. That was my instant take on all the ugliness. IF the girl DID steal from him, what was the reason? Obviously, she needs help, not ridicule. The point was.. we didn't know if she really did steal or if he gave her money or loaned her money. No it isn't wise or right to take anything from someone that old or in that shape. Maybe she didn't know better? Maybe she did but needed it badly. The point is.. her accusers did not know the details but were so ready to pass judgment. They saw the accusations against her and they assumed the worst and believed her to be worthless..

i can't help but wonder if maybe I'm the one who needs help because i always defend the underdog. Not defending as in excusing but rather trying to understand and give them the benefit of the doubt. Do you find yourself passing judgement on people quickly? Or do you always see the other possible side? Do you have faith in humanity?
Aug 9th 2013 new
(quote) Mary-976718 said: I read two interesting articles this morning, both very different but my twisted mind lumped them together as having faith in humanity. One was the story of a priest who showed up at a traffic accident and prayed and anointed a young girl who was critically injured. Her spiraling vital signs improved. This angel in black came from out of no where and offered help, prayers, and healing. In all the photos taken during the scene, he did not appear in any of them. No one knew him but everyone wants to now. They cannot find him. Some are calling him an angel because of the good that worked through him that day. They saw proof that of goodness and good will, and the people believed.

The next story i read was about a young female nurse who reportedly took money from a 105 year old male nursing home patient.

This girl's face was plastered all over the internet in the news. so many people called her trash and were ashamed of her. So many stones were casts from blaming it on her meth habit to her just being that kind of girl because of a photo she took a friend who was posing punk style and flipping the camera off. No one had anything good to say about this young lady. Everyone judged her, tried her and convicted her instantly. Where is faith in humanity here? When i read this, I felt sorry for her, for her family and her friends.

I guess that makes me the odd one out. That was my instant take on all the ugliness. IF the girl DID steal from him, what was the reason? Obviously, she needs help, not ridicule. The point was.. we didn't know if she really did steal or if he gave her money or loaned her money. No it isn't wise or right to take anything from someone that old or in that shape. Maybe she didn't know better? Maybe she did but needed it badly. The point is.. her accusers did not know the details but were so ready to pass judgment. They saw the accusations against her and they assumed the worst and believed her to be worthless..

i can't help but wonder if maybe I'm the one who needs help because i always defend the underdog. Not defending as in excusing but rather trying to understand and give them the benefit of the doubt. Do you find yourself passing judgement on people quickly? Or do you always see the other possible side? Do you have faith in humanity?
I don't think you are sinister in your opinions because news stories today usually
come with a biased slant. And it may be one's nature to either believe what is
written or know the stories have an inherent slant and, therefore, decipher more
carefully from the story.

Personally, when I read the bold sentence you wrote about a young female
nurse who took money from a 105 year-old patient, I thought it was to help him
end his life. I thought he handed it over to her to take.

What you are delving into is if robbing from people is justifiable?
Aug 9th 2013 new
(quote) Marianne-100218 said: What you are delving into is if robbing from people is justifiable? 
No, not at all. I just don't like how quickly people are to judge without knowing the circumstances or the situation. This young woman was accused and arrested for this act. That is all the news reported and everyone started calling her names and assuming the worst. it just breaks my heart. When i talk about faith in humanity.. im not talking about this young girl.. im talking about how the people believed the worst and threw stones at her without even knowing anything for sure. Where is their faith in humanity? Why can't they see the whole picture even without the facts. So many what ifs.. This girl needs help either way now.. instead of help, they have thrown her to the wolves..
Aug 10th 2013 new
Unfortunately the human race suffers from mob mentality and, given the choice to contemplate the uplifting story of the young girl saved by the angel priest and the story of the would be thief, most will choose to perseverate on the wrongdoing(statistically proven). It makes them feel superior, which is, in itself, an illness. However, as Christians, we are obliged to show them mercy as well for their ignorance and pray that God will draw them into the light of His mercy and forgiveness. And, to respond in a nutshell to your question, my answer is: no I do not have faith in humanity but I do have faith in God an He has faith in us, and so I draw my strength and hope in Him.
Aug 10th 2013 new
(quote) Bernadette-990279 said: Unfortunately the human race suffers from mob mentality and, given the choice to contemplate the uplifting story of the young girl saved by the angel priest and the story of the would be thief, most will choose to perseverate on the wrongdoing(statistically proven). It makes them feel superior, which is, in itself, an illness. However, as Christians, we are obliged to show them mercy as well for their ignorance and pray that God will draw them into the light of His mercy and forgiveness. And, to respond in a nutshell to your question, my answer is: no I do not have faith in humanity but I do have faith in God an He has faith in us, and so I draw my strength and hope in Him.
Sadly I have to agree with you.

Happy Birthday!
Aug 10th 2013 new
Mary:

That story about the priest assisting in the car accident made the National
News tonight. No one at all got a picture of that priest. Angels are
everywhere.
Aug 10th 2013 new
there is faith . The signs are there . but there warnings signs also many do not listen .
Aug 13th 2013 new
(quote) Mary-976718 said: I read two interesting articles this morning, both very different but my twisted mind lumped them together as having faith in humanity. One was the story of a priest who showed up at a traffic accident and prayed and anointed a young girl who was critically injured. Her spiraling vital signs improved. This angel in black came from out of no where and offered help, prayers, and healing. In all the photos taken during the scene, he did not appear in any of them. No one knew him but everyone wants to now. They cannot find him. Some are calling him an angel because of the good that worked through him that day. They saw proof that of goodness and good will, and the people believed.

Mary, never apologize for having a compassionate heart.
Posts 1 - 8 of 8