Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Was it a priest or an angel?

Aug 8th 2013 new
"Some believe in angels and others dont. But a story coming out of Center, Missouri, might lead skeptics to conclude that a higher-power sometimes intervenes in the midst of tragedy. Of course, theres also the potential that a real-life priest is responsible for the life-saving act thats gaining widespread attention and that he has simply yet to be found."

www.theblaze.com.
Aug 8th 2013 new
Hi Peter-------this is a neat story-either way------How much God loves us--- can't narrow God in His works Love His Creativity(:--my first thought was St.Fr.Pio how he 'visited' people---biggrin
Aug 8th 2013 new
Hi Peter,

In the versions I've read, I have appreciated the writers' respectful, and sometimes reverential, description of the event.

For now, I prefer to think of it as both priest and angel acting in concert.
Aug 8th 2013 new
Thanks Peter & Jack, I also was impressed by the writer's respectful telling of the story. There was a piece on CNN's website of a lost boy in Australia who survived a night in the forest. He was picking flowers for his mom when a kangaroo approached, ate the flowers and laid down to sleep. The boy kept warm snuggling with the wild kangaroo and was found the next day. www.cnn.com
Years ago I recall reading a story of a 12 year old girl in Ethiopia kidnapped to become a child bride. Searchers later found her in a field being guarded by two lions. Her kidnappers nowhere to be found. When her rescuers approached, the lions faded into the bush. Perhaps guardian angels can appear also in animal form, who knows?
Aug 8th 2013 new
Jonah and the lion's den.
Aug 8th 2013 new
Amen, Amen, Amen!! In Great or Quiet ways God demonstrates His Love. This is a very moving story; thank you, Peter, for sharing it. Blessings to the Spirit that served at the accident.

Only this evening, I learned that my son quite possibly saved a toddler's life who had slipped into a river hear Deschutes Oregon where he was vacationing with friends this past week (he returned home Tuesday evening). He had been rafting on the river when he heard the child screaming - approaching to pass in faster water on the other side of the river. He launched himself into the water and swam after the little one, catching hold as they approached a rapid. He held her up out of the water as they were swept toward the rapid by the current; it drew him under and through some rocks bruising one knee and shin. Having passed the rapid, he swam to the bank and was able to hold onto some exposed roots with one hand as he held the child with the other until the family who had been chasing well behind arrived. On one hand, as a parent is the fear that both could have been lost; but on the other hand, I am so very proud of him and thankful to God for His Gift of this fine Soul to be my son.

Glorious is our God!
Aug 9th 2013 new
(quote) David-870960 said: Amen, Amen, Amen!! In Great or Quiet ways God demonstrates His Love. This is a very moving story; thank you, Peter, for sharing it. Blessings to the Spirit that served at the accident.

Only this evening, I learned that my son quite possibly saved a toddler's life who had slipped into a river hear Deschutes Oregon where he was vacationing with friends this past week (he returned home Tuesday evening). He had been rafting on the river when he heard the child screaming - approaching to pass in faster water on the other side of the river. He launched himself into the water and swam after the little one, catching hold as they approached a rapid. He held her up out of the water as they were swept toward the rapid by the current; it drew him under and through some rocks bruising one knee and shin. Having passed the rapid, he swam to the bank and was able to hold onto some exposed roots with one hand as he held the child with the other until the family who had been chasing well behind arrived. On one hand, as a parent is the fear that both could have been lost; but on the other hand, I am so very proud of him and thankful to God for His Gift of this fine Soul to be my son.

Glorious is our God!
David, that is truly amazing- your son acted instinctively and heroically in saving that young child's life. You are right, your son is a fine soul~ God put him there for a reason! It doesn't say a whole lot for the child's parents though.
Many years ago some friends lived in a small house near a highway that ran past Andrews Air Force Base. They had a long dirt driveway. My friend was taking a nap and his wife was doing laundry when a man knocked on their door with their toddler son perched on his shoulder. He asked if he had the right house, and they were stunned when he said he was driving his tractor trailer and spotted the little guy in the median strip of the highway. You just can't blink with toddlers- the parents of the little girl your son saved blinked! Your son and that truck driver gave those kids and their parents a second chance.
God reveals Himself in many ways!
Aug 9th 2013 new
Beautiful and Blessed on all accounts--both stories. Thank you Jesus! theheart
Aug 9th 2013 new
Diane Sawyer even ran it on Nightline this evening. To her credit she was very respectful.
Aug 9th 2013 new
It may have been bilocation.
Posts 1 - 10 of 20