Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

I just think it is time to address this again as it is a hot issue, but I also wanted to take it one step further and address what a difference having this belief makes to dating.

Ok, go...

Aug 10th 2013 new
www.churchmilitant.tv

I found this interesting....protestants are really harming us with their misinformation....good intentions pave the way to hell, I guess.
Aug 10th 2013 new
(quote) Cheryl-409772 said: http://www.churchmilitant.tv/daily/?today=2013-08-06

I found this interesting....protestants are really harming us with their misinformation....good intentions pave the way to hell, I guess.
Excellent video - great message people need to hear.
Aug 10th 2013 new
Many years ago, as a Protestant, I bought into this lie. As a converted Catholic, I now believe that birth control and the "sexual revolution" are at the core of many of societies' problems today.
Aug 10th 2013 new
(quote) Jan-805954 said: Many years ago, as a Protestant, I bought into this lie. As a converted Catholic, I now believe that birth control and the "sexual revolution" are at the core of many of societies' problems today.
Thanks Jan, and I completely agree with you.
Aug 10th 2013 new
I'm certainly no saint ............and grateful to have been able
to mother one daughter and adopt two sons............
when I look at large families at my parish and how they struggle
financially but how happy they are.....i agree that birth control is wrong...

All these years I would have taken more kids that
were unwanted but ''the system'' made it impossible for me
[mostly my income]
Aug 10th 2013 new
Well I guess for me in some ways it's a moot point. If I was dating, it would be celibate anyway. The only safe sex is no sex outside marriage. All the rest are lies of the evil one.
Aug 11th 2013 new
(quote) Tim-734178 said: Well I guess for me in some ways it's a moot point. If I was dating, it would be celibate anyway. The only safe sex is no sex outside marriage. All the rest are lies of the evil one.
Yes, this is true and it is a matter of respect for each other too, but this isn't what I was talking about really. I was talking about during dating the two people have to be in agreement about birth control after marriage....right?
Aug 11th 2013 new
(quote) Bob-59786 said: Excellent video - great message people need to hear.
He did a follow up video too about the replies he got to this. One reply was from someone from the appalachians...Robinson would have called her a "ragamuffin"....and she replied as she was insulted. She was one of ten and they were the working poor...they worked hard but they had a very loving family and she was lucky enough to have life and grow up.
Aug 11th 2013 new
(quote) Cheryl-409772 said: Yes, this is true and it is a matter of respect for each other too, but this isn't what I was talking about really. I was talking about during dating the two people have to be in agreement about birth control after marriage....right?
Agreed. In fact if bc of any kind is wanted/ required by one side or the other, it's time to end the relationship if this position is not abandoned. Violating Gods Natural law right from the start is not a good basis for a new marriage.
Posts 1 - 10 of 25