Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

America's 15 Miler - 8/31/13

Jul 27th 2013 new
At http://www.charlestondistancerun.com

I last ran this in 1979, but a guyfriend has just about talked me into running it this year.

Besides the 15-miler, which includes a 2.36 mile mountain incline up 600 feet, there's also a 5K run, and 5- and 10-K walks.

On Friday, August 30th, there's an all-you-can-eat pasta dinner ftom 5-to-8 pm ... perfect for Meet-and-Greet.

So .... for all adventureous CMers within 250 miles of Charleston, WV (I'm 180-miles), how about a very unique get-together? We can socalize Friday nite at Meet-and-Greet, run our race Saturday am, and reconnect after the race.
Any interst?

Jul 28th 2013 new
I might be interested in entering the 5K run in my Rolling Along !
Jul 28th 2013 new
(quote) Edward-4511 said: I might be interested in entering the 5K run in my !
Just checked - they have a wheelchair group. Go for it Zoom - check last year's results to see how many competitors you might have.
Jul 28th 2013 new
(quote) Bob-59786 said: Just checked - they have a wheelchair group. Go for it Zoom - check last year's results to see how many competitors you might have.
laughing If I do it, I won't be expecting to win - I don't even have a proper racing wheelchair. I'd be using my everyday chair (which, granted, is a sporty rigid frame chair, so I should at least be able to avoid embarrassing myself....)
Jul 28th 2013 new
In any case, I looked at the 2012 results and I didn't see a specific listing for wheelchair racers, aside from the winner of the 15 miler. I am just starting a training program so the 15 miler is a no go. I have done a 5K before though.
Jul 28th 2013 new
(quote) Edward-4511 said: If I do it, I won't be expecting to win - I don't even have a proper racing wheelchair. I'd be using my everyday chair (which, granted, is a sporty rigid frame chair, so I should at least be able to avoid embarrassing myself....)
I didn't see a 5K wheelchair results grouping. Any chance you could rent a special racing wheelchair?
Jul 31st 2013 new
(quote) Bob-59786 said: At www.charlestondistancerun.com

I last ran this in 1979, but a guyfriend has just about talked me into running it this year.

Besides the 15-miler, which includes a 2.36 mile mountain incline up 600 feet, there's also a 5K run, and 5- and 10-K walks.

On Friday, August 30th, there's an all-you-can-eat pasta dinner ftom 5-to-8 pm ... perfect for Meet-and-Greet.

So .... for all adventureous CMers within 250 miles of Charleston, WV (I'm 180-miles), how about a very unique get-together? We can socalize Friday nite at Meet-and-Greet, run our race Saturday am, and reconnect after the race.
Any interst?

Married guyfriend, I've run with since 1978, and I entered the 15 Miler today.

CMers, join us, even if for the 5K.

Aug 3rd 2013 new
I am registered for the 5K run ... I mean zoom. Rolling Along

See y'all in Charleston on the 31st. wave
Aug 3rd 2013 new
(quote) Edward-4511 said: I am registered for the 5K run ... I mean zoom.

See y'all in Charleston on the 31st.
Alright Zoom !!!!

Don't forget the pasta Dinner, included w/ our Entry, from 5-to-8 pm at the Civic Center on Friday the 30th.
Aug 11th 2013 new
I have requested the day off on Friday so I can get an early start driving down to Charleston.

Otherwise this is a gratuitous bump so hopefully other people will notice and join us. wave
Posts 1 - 10 of 29