Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

goo.gl

In October, at the Vatican, Pope Francis will consecrate the world to the Immaculate Heart of Mary

This relevant news item was posted by the official website of the Shrine of Our Lady of Fatima, in Fatima, Portugal:

In response to the desire of Holy Father Francis, the Statue of Our Lady of the Rosary of Fatima, venerated in the Little Chapel of Apparitions, will be brought to Rome on October 12/13 to be present at the Marian Day promoted by the Pontifical Council for the Promotion of the New Evangelization. On October 13, next to the Statue of Our Lady, Pope Francis will make the consecration of the world to the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
Aug 13th 2013 new
How awesome! The third pope in a row to do so. I sense a trend...
Aug 13th 2013 new
(quote) John-971967 said: How awesome! The third pope in a row to do so. I sense a trend...
One does get the impression they're trying to consecrate a certain country while not doing so.

A country that begins with "R", perhaps?

One that was said by Our Lady to be spreading her errors?

Aug 13th 2013 new
(quote) Steven-706921 said: One does get the impression they're trying to consecrate a certain country while not doing so.

Steven, Your impression, in this instance is just a pile of manure. And if not yours, than whose? Russia of old is no more. The Russian people are being evangelized again. And yes we are invited to join the consecration of the entire world to Mary, not just Russia. Why do you smirk at it? Join in the praise, in prayer and in service or be on your way, but don't confuse His people with ill-begotten conjecture in this matter.
Aug 14th 2013 new
(quote) Steven-706921 said: One does get the impression they're trying to consecrate a certain country while not doing so.

I agree.
Aug 14th 2013 new
(quote) John-971967 said: Steven, Your impression, in this instance is just a pile of manure. And if not yours, than whose? Russia of old is no more. The Russian people are being evangelized again. And yes we are invited to join the consecration of the entire world to Mary, not just Russia. Why do you smirk at it? Join in the praise, in prayer and in service or be on your way, but don't confuse His people with ill-begotten conjecture in this matter.
That's a harsh opening statement John! Lol!Russia converted to the One True Faith under the Pope.Nope,not yet.
Aug 14th 2013 new
(quote) Bernard-2709 said: That's a harsh opening statement John! Lol!Russia converted to the One True Faith under the Pope.Nope,not yet.
Obviously not harsh enough; you join him and are laughing.
Aug 14th 2013 new
(quote) John-971967 said: Obviously not harsh enough; you join him and are laughing.
Laughing at what? We just do not believe that the Consecration of RUSSIA was done.The World yes,okay,not Russia.
Aug 15th 2013 new

These days, the United States is just as, if not more, in need of conversion than Russia.

Aug 15th 2013 new
(quote) Bernard-2709 said: I agree.
+JMJ+

Yes, I agree as well. While I will be disappointed if Russia is not called by name, at the same time I can still rejoice that the Holy Father is consecrating the world.
Posts 1 - 10 of 134