Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

Aug 15th 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: These days, the United States is just as, if not more, in need of conversion than Russia.

+JMJ+

Good point Jerry.
Aug 15th 2013 new
(quote) Joseph-2737 said: +JMJ+

Yes, I agree as well. While I will be disappointed if Russia is not called by name, at the same time I can still rejoice that the Holy Father is consecrating the world.
I completely agree with that statement also! theheart
Aug 15th 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: These days, the United States is just as, if not more, in need of conversion than Russia.

True indeed,however;Our Lady asked for the Consecration of Russia,not the USA.
Aug 15th 2013 new
(quote) Bernard-2709 said: Laughing at what? We just do not believe that the Consecration of RUSSIA was done.The World yes,okay,not Russia.
Bernard,

Steven and you are trying to make the consecration about old Russia when it's no longer about old Russia. The new Russia has joined the rest of the human race and cooperates with it. The consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary will again be offered for the world, new Russia inclusive.

By your unbelief, and your refusal to accept assurance that the old Russia has been consecrated and that the old Russia is no more, you have worked yourself into a dead end and you refuse to back out. Let go of your stubborn pride. This dead end deprives you and those like minded from Christ's grace we all need.

Bernard, I believe it pretty plain that you were laughingly scoffing at my statement that Steven's impression, which you agree with, was trash - er, manure to be exact. Now you deny it.

The Pope will soon be offering more nourishment for our souls and all you do is throw rocks at him and those assisting him and imply his predecessors to have been deceivers, while the product of your work turns to piles of dung that keep you and others from participating. It stinks! Stop it.
br> The anticipated consecration is wonderful news. Christ grace will be poured out for the efficacious benefit of the souls in this world that seek it. Why not be one to receive it?
Aug 15th 2013 new
(quote) Bernard-2709 said: I completely agree with that statement also!
Bernard, I did not see your post above, so I am glad to read that. It is encouraging to have you acknowledge that the anticipated consecration is efficacious for our souls. But don't hold your breath waiting for what you want while you refuse to accept what you were told has been done.
Aug 16th 2013 new
(quote) Bernard-2709 said: I completely agree with that statement also!
+JMJ+

As would Mother Angelica who, live on global television, stated that after JP II's consecration of the world that Russia still had not been consecrated as Our Lady requested.
Aug 16th 2013 new

As would Mother Angelica who, live on global television, stated that after JP II's consecration of the world that Russia still had not been consecrated as Our Lady requested.
Joseph, Certainly, we are all entitled to our opinions, but it can't be both ways. I am sure that Mary, the Mother of God could express disappointment, but she does not. She continues to offer humanity, to all her children... HOPE... who is her Son...

It is what it is, and it was as it was. We need to accept the reality. Mary made her request at a point in human history. It has passed. We Catholics and the Church moves onward and lives on, with the continued guidance of the Holy Spirit.

As much as I respect what Mother Angelica had to say some time ago, it still is just her opinion. And based on what I too knew then I would have tended to agree with her. Yet we have never been privy to all the facts. We, nor her (Mother Angelica), were or still are in as good as a position as were JPII, B16 and as is the current pope, and I render obedience and confidence to that authority (the ordinary magisterium in union with the pope) over that of Mother Angelica's previous comment.

I have not known Mother Angelica to trash JPII or B16 as deceivers. She did not spread discord. Those things I strongly object against. It's uncalled for and cannot be justified. So, those that do it get my rebuke.
Aug 16th 2013 new

I am sure I will be blasted for this, but here goes anyway. Yes, this will be the third but each was done to a different purpose. In 1942, Pope Pius XII embraced humanity and announced the age of the Church had begun a call to faith in action. In 1982, John Paul II reaffirmed the consecration this time including Russia and all who had not heeded the previous call a healing act to unite the world under Marys loving guidance. Pope Francis will be merely taking the final step, this time to guide the entire world toward Christs peace within the Universal Church Community under the protection and care of Our Ladys loving heart. I applaud and give thanks for an action that is so much needed and so perfectly timed.

"When all is said and done, our primary responsibility is not the conversion of Russia or the prevention of world wars, but the salvation of that little world within ourselves over which, with God's help, we must exercise control, and for which we shall one day have to render an account to God in judgment. What will it profit us, even if Russia is converted and an era of peace be granted to humanity, if we have failed in the great task for which we were created, the salvation of our own immortal souls." - Msgr. William McGrath

Aug 16th 2013 new

Mother Angelica later said she was wrong and it had been done.
Aug 16th 2013 new
A Solemn Act of Consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary Most Holy Virgin Mary, tender Mother of men, to fulfill the desires of the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the request of the Vicar of Your Son on earth, we consecrate ourselves and our families to your Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart, O Queen of the Most Holy Rosary, and we recommend to You, all the people of our country and all the world. Please accept our consecration, dearest Mother, and use us as You wish to accomplish Your designs in the world. O Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary, Queen of the Most Holy Rosary, and Queen of the World, rule over us, together with the Sacred Heart of Jesus Christ, Our King. Save us from the spreading flood of modern paganism; kindle in our hearts and homes the love of purity, the practice of a virtuous life, an ardent zeal for souls, and a desire to pray the Rosary more faithfully. We come with confidence to You, O Throne of Grace and Mother of Fair Love. Inflame us with the same Divine Fire which has inflamed Your own Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart. Make our hearts and homes Your shrine, and through us, make the Heart of Jesus, together with your rule, triumph in every heart and home. Amen. --Venerable Pope Pius XII Read more: www.ewtn.com
Posts 11 - 20 of 134