Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Aug 15th 2013 new

I do have to say that is, in fact, hard to find a spouse. This is a specialized site for Catholics, so there may fewer members here than on the some of the other bigger name sites. Having more members doesn't necessarily ensure dating success either. A lot of people have restrictions on a long-distance relationship due to their personal obligations and there may not be many CM members in their area.

Being on a dating site for a while is not an indicator of lack of seriousness in the search for a spouse either. A group of my friends discussed this not too long ago (in person at a local gathering). A friend of a friend, who is not Catholic, was on a popular secular dating site for ten years. She is now engaged, but she did not meet her fiance online, as they were introduced by other mutual friends. It turns out that they were classmates in elementary school, they had some things in common and their relationship blossomed. A membership on a dating site is not an order form to purchase a boyfriend/girlfriend/spouse; it is just one tool that you can try to use to meet people.

Aug 15th 2013 new
(quote) Trish-977181 said: I too, think this is not the place to meet your "soul-mate" I think they should change the name to
"Catholic Lurkers"
"Catholic Forums"
"Catholic "unavailable"
"Catholic No Response"
"Catholic Mission Impossible"

Oh Trish!
you really are my soul sister!
Aug 15th 2013 new
(quote) Margaret-20183 said: Sometimes a person's length of stay has little to do with a lack of sincerity or drive to find a spouse. They simply have not found the right person. I want to get married to the right man, and not due to society's timeline or expectations for me.
Nicely said Margaret,.. there are no perfect places to meet your "soulmate" or perfect catholic match, and the criteria for getting a date will always be the same; height, looks, distance, weight, personality, etc.etc., with the exception that on any other website you're going to know Less about a persons Moral compass than you would on here.
I've seen a lot of profiles of "catholic women" on other websites.. (i'm sure there could be men as well so not making a generalization here) and very, very few (thats a 1 out of 10 few) say anything about their Faith being important to them, and also seen other profiles that say "catholic -and laughing about it".. i find that very sad. boggled Praying
Aug 15th 2013 new
(quote) Dave-146273 said: and also seen other profiles that say "catholic -and laughing about it".. i find that very sad.
That's as bad as people who describe themselves as "recovering Catholics." rolling eyes
Aug 15th 2013 new
(quote) Christine-960631 said: Oh Trish!
you really are my soul sister!
Lol hugs Christine!
Aug 15th 2013 new
(quote) Kenny-949632 said: Honestly,,,someone said a month or so ago,,,there are better chances finding love at the Supermarket....They may be correct...
I'll meet you by the lettuce and cucumbers...
Talked w/ a Single Lady MD at Greek Yogurt last nite. She said she works 70 - 80 hours a week. Wondered if she had time for a relationship?
Aug 15th 2013 new
laughing laughing laughing laughing Thanks Trish I needed that laugh. Kenny I will see you in the diary aisle by the ice cream-don't be late!
Aug 15th 2013 new
another great thread..................I dreamed of adopting another special needs
child last night so who knows..............it's a huge calling of mine
Aug 15th 2013 new
I do find it interesting when people blame everything and everyone else besides themselves. I was always under the impression that Catholicism was first and foremost an interior conversion and that the goal was to impact the world around you not vice versa. Dating is hard for sure and the last 20-30 years it has become increasingly more difficult. While I can't speak for other sites, I can speak for ours. I believe CatholicMatch better than anyone provides a fully Catholic experience in the way we construct our profiles, set the rules for reasonable behavior, provide quality Catholic content, focus on purposeful dating for marriage, facilitate a community where singles can deepen their faith and find support. I also believe we do our best to provide or our employees and their families and by having a workplace that celebrates Christian principles. Will we be able to please everyone or help everyone? No but at the end of the day I know what we stand for and what we try to do as a private business that strives to be faithful to it's apostolic work and mission.
Aug 15th 2013 new
(quote) Angela-374523 said:

I do have to say that is, in fact, hard to find a spouse. This is a specialized site for Catholics, so there may fewer members here than on the some of the other bigger name sites. Having more members doesn't necessarily ensure dating success either. A lot of people have restrictions on a long-distance relationship due to their personal obligations and there may not be many CM members in their area.

Being on a dating site for a while is not an indicator of lack of seriousness in the search for a spouse either. A group of my friends discussed this not too long ago (in person at a local gathering). A friend of a friend, who is not Catholic, was on a popular secular dating site for ten years. She is now engaged, but she did not meet her fiance online, as they were introduced by other mutual friends. It turns out that they were classmates in elementary school, they had some things in common and their relationship blossomed. A membership on a dating site is not an order form to purchase a boyfriend/girlfriend/spouse; it is just one tool that you can try to use to meet people.

"A membership on a dating site is not an order form to purchase a boyfriend/girlfriend/spouse; it is just one tool that you can try to use to meet people."

BEST LINE EVER!

Although I think using the word introduce over meet is even slightly more accurate. Online dating sites have little ability to help people actually "meet" we do the best we can to introduce people and from there it is up to them. While we play a very early and important part it is a relatively small role compared to what people have to actually do in order to meet, make a connection, dating and hopefully marry. Online introduction service vs. online dating service is a much more accurate and helpful description. Unfortunately online dating is a phrase people recognize and it is probably here to stay.
Posts 11 - 20 of 118