Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Aug 15th 2013 new
(quote) Barbara-740721 said: I met several men in their 60's in 2012, NONE of them had a current picture!--found out upon meeting!

One admitted the pic was from 1999.

Another of course, was of himself at sons wedding, so how many years ago was that? I did not recognize him at ALL!

Yet another guy CLAIMED to be 5'8" same height as my self, but funny I had to look down to him ,"IF" he was 5'5" he was lucky! His picture was either of his SON or was at least 20 yrs old! ( by the way he is now listed as 5'9" HA!

One said he was 6'4" and 210.......was that with one foot one the scale? He was at least 350 and could barely walk, I was beginning to wonder if my mother could out run him on her walker ( she is 94).

* Now mind you all these men claim to be fit ,athletic and go to the gym 4/5 times a week, Wow does rehabitition therapy count???
Right on Barbara! I don't understand why someone states they are athletic and toned when they have a gut hanging over their pants. I don't care if they play sports and their arms and legs are strong, that's not toned! When your toned, that means your whole body!
Aug 15th 2013 new
Sorry, Laura,
Can't offer any specific insight there. However, a few observations:
If you look at my profile, there are pictures of me with friends, there are "mug shots" and there are pictures I took of other things. At the risk of sounding more eccentric than I really am, I HATE having my picture taken!!! There, I said it. Yes, that's odd. I readily concede that point. I suspect it's a psychological remnant from when I was very obese. I know that 125 pounds later, I don't need to feel that way anymore, but I still do. Only family and very close friends can survive pointing a camera at me.
If I have a point, I guess it's this: All of you "no pictures please" types, I know where you're coming from, really I do. But Laura's right. Even a non-photo-guy like me says "Yeah, whatever" when he sees a profile with that sad-looking blank PC monitor where the profile picture ought to be. This is not the type of online community where people ought to feel the need to hide some perceived lack of attractiveness or lack of self-confidence by not posting a picture. I can't imagine that people would answer the 10 million questions to get on CM just to mock a photo of a total stranger. Please, if I've been talking about you just now, ask a really trusted friend to take a photo of you. (That's what I did- my best friend Paula approved or took all my pictures because I didn't want to look like (A) a dork or (B) a just-released psychopath.) Trust me, it didn't hurt a bit, and the upside has been, people actually like my pictures. So if you're faceless right now, think about what we're saying. It could be that we want to meet you, but you're holding us at arms-length by refusing (however politely) to share a photo. Say "Cheese" !!
Aug 15th 2013 new
(quote) David-870960 said: This should be a concern of everyone!

If true, it would kinda make sense to exclude a profile pic... and include additional pics, although I read this thread as referring to profiles with no pictures at all.

Staff? ... Might you address this? ARE we visible to Google?

The CM Privacy statement generally satisfies me as far as explicit actions by CM - else I would not have joined; but it doesn't address "exposure". It would be nice to know where we stand. I think it would be a very attractive point for those considering membership, and comforting to the rest of us.

Best regards to Staff and All.

Some time back, I sent a help ticket and CM responded that they would take it into consideration.
AMS has an opt-out/opt-in for those that don't want their profile or profile photo on the public home-page for looky-lou's. There are enough of those that don't care on AMS that they have more than enough profiles for potential members to decide if they want to join.

Barbara, laughing laughing laughing

Aug 15th 2013 new
(quote) Sandra-871852 said: Some time back, I sent a help ticket and CM responded that they would take it into consideration.
AMS has an opt-out/opt-in for those that don't want their profile or profile photo on the public home-page for looky-lou's. There are enough of those that don't care on AMS that they have more than enough profiles for potential members to decide if they want to join.

Barbara,

AMS ??
Aug 15th 2013 new
(quote) Linda-982758 said: Yes this is another problem when men claim to be a height and stature and then are not. The search for height is for a reason.

Linda,,,You caught me.....I'm probably closer to 6'8" than my listed 6'7",,,,,,I just figured that I'm getting closer to 60 and we shrink as we get older....

I figure by the time I'm 80 years old that I'll be short enough to fit into one of Those "" Mini Cooper "" cars and trade in my ""big for leg room"" pick-up truck...
Aug 15th 2013 new
You make a really good point about using old pictures. I have attended many events and found that even with current pictures posted quite often people don't look anything like their pics. Mannerisms and expressions completely change what a person looks like. When Larry and I met he looked very much different. His full length picture showed him with his jacket zipped a short way and made him look much heavier. I almost didn't recognize him because he was smaller then he appeared in his pic.

I had twice gone and met with men that had no pictures posted and both of them were very nice looking.
Aug 15th 2013 new
"I expect so much more from CM." Do you understand the concept of 'free will'? God gives us free will to make mistakes even when we know we are doing the wrong thing. So why blame CM when someone else exercises their own free will in not posting a picture?.. If people spent more time looking for positives about people instead of negatives there would be more success stories here.
Aug 15th 2013 new
Mari.. The way the internet is interconnected you will always find out more about yourself because it is YOU Googling yourself.. Did you try asking a friend to Google you? A random stranger finding you on the internet isn't as likely to get as much information. People get all freaked out about what info is visible on the net because they try to search themselves and find all kinds of stuff, never stopping to consider that they see the info because they are the one doing the search. The other day I logged into a site I never used before and there in the upper corner was my profile pic from FB.. eyebrow
Aug 15th 2013 new
cause something they don't want others to see or can not figure out how to put pic on or do not have a camera i guess
Aug 15th 2013 new
(quote) Donna-83441 said: Mari.. The way the internet is interconnected you will always find out more about yourself because it is YOU Googling yourself.. Did you try asking a friend to Google you? A random stranger finding you on the internet isn't as likely to get as much information. People get all freaked out about what info is visible on the net because they try to search themselves and find all kinds of stuff, never stopping to consider that they see the info because they are the one doing the search. The other day I logged into a site I never used before and there in the upper corner was my profile pic from FB..
Thanks, Donna.
You always have good advice.

I put one pic from the album back up. I tried again Catholicmatch.com Panama, and I'm happy to report that I'm not one of the chosen! wink My friend Mercedes (we lived in the same building for a while and had a prayer group) and Maria (from the former Community of NeoCathecumenates I attended)'s pictures are still up for all to see.

I Googled CatholicMatch.com Louisville, KY and guess who's first to greet everyone with YOUR contagious smile??? laughing Your pic is followed by Kenny's.

By the way, I did not Google myself. I Googled CatholicMatch.com Panama while not signed in. I'll monitor from time to time and delete my Profile Pic if I come up again. Hope that sounds fair enough.

hug
Mari
Posts 31 - 40 of 89