Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

I have never done it, but I am tryng to downsize and have some things that I'd like to try and sell ... But I am not too bright so I need some help!! ... What do I need to do? What do I need to know? Are there things I have to watch out for? Is there any entity that can do this for me in return for a commission? .. Help!!!
Aug 15th 2013 new
I have not sold on eBay - only purchased.

one of the options you had asked for was someone willing to do it for you with commission.
Ebay offers assistance in regards to this way of seelingn with info found at the following URL:
ebaytradingassistant.com

Just put in your Zip Code - and they will direct you to sources that may be of assistance.

In regards to selling yourself, I will leave that advice to someone who had done it in the past and can offer better advice than I could supply.
Aug 15th 2013 new
(quote) Dave-976637 said: I have not sold on eBay - only purchased.

one of the options you had asked for was someone willing to do it for you with commission.
Ebay offers assistance in regards to this way of seelingn with info found at the following URL:
http://ebaytradingassistant.com/directory/index.php?page=home

Just put in your Zip Code - and they will direct you to sources that may be of assistance.

In regards to selling yourself, I will leave that advice to someone who had done it in the past and can offer better advice than I could supply.
Thanks, Dave ...this is very helpful!
Aug 16th 2013 new
Hi Richard!

Remember Purple Heart for clothes and small appliances. cool

I found it easier to just give it away. rose

Good luck!
Aug 16th 2013 new
Ive'd sold on eBay, it's feast or famine. Research similar items for pricing ideas, take good pictures, easy descriptions, think about how you want to receive payment,, I have a PayPal account.
Aug 16th 2013 new
(quote) Helen-881220 said: Hi Richard!

Remember Purple Heart for clothes and small appliances.

I found it easier to just give it away.

Good luck!
Hi Helen ... Just brought a bunch of clothes to Goodwill ... But these items I'm talking about could help with some expenses ...
Aug 16th 2013 new
(quote) Jacqueline-198 said: Ive'd sold on eBay, it's feast or famine. Research similar items for pricing ideas, take good pictures, easy descriptions, think about how you want to receive payment,, I have a PayPal account.
Thanks Jackie for the good suggestions ...
Aug 16th 2013 new
Selling books on e-bay and through craigslist are how i pay for my insulin and test strips so it is potentially profitable. If you set up a large enough box with white interior preferably (u-haul and shipping places sell them), with a spotlight so the pictures come out good, your items should sell, and well. Take 4 pics of each item to put with them as people like to see what they're getting. Be careful never to list w/out a low-bid price if it's something you don't want to sell for less than you feel it is worth as once sold, it must be shipped! The library is very useful on this topic, with plenty of literature pertaining. There is also plenty of literature on other internet-type money making sites. A library card is the most useful tool to own in today's society. Did you know that if more than one individual request a book or movie of a public library, they normally will order it in?
Aug 16th 2013 new
(quote) Marie-358484 said: Selling books on e-bay and through craigslist are how i pay for my insulin and test strips so it is potentially profitable. If you set up a large enough box with white interior preferably (u-haul and shipping places sell them), with a spotlight so the pictures come out good, your items should sell, and well. Take 4 pics of each item to put with them as people like to see what they're getting. Be careful never to list w/out a low-bid price if it's something you don't want to sell for less than you feel it is worth as once sold, it must be shipped! The library is very useful on this topic, with plenty of literature pertaining. There is also plenty of literature on other internet-type money making sites. A library card is the most useful tool to own in today's society. Did you know that if more than one individual request a book or movie of a public library, they normally will order it in?
Thanks Marie ... I've always been a good patron of the public library, so that's a good source of info for sure! I might need "EBay for Dummies"!
Posts 1 - 9 of 9