Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

error: Post not found!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Aug 15th 2013 new
(quote) David-870960 said: AMS ??
Ave Maria Singles
Aug 15th 2013 new
People who join dating websites and don't put pictures on their profiles are like someone selling their car or house on eBay and not including a picture of said car or house. I would think that most people would like to know what you're selling and, in a way, on dating websites you're selling yourself. You're creating a profile to ostensibly attract the interest of someone who will reciprocate and wants to communicate with you on a regular basis. A lot of people like mystery, but eventually they will want to solve it.

Aug 15th 2013 new
I just recently started chatting with someone on here that didn't have a picture. The problem was, he was getting the opportunity to look at my pictures and see me, but I didn't get to see him. He then said that he would like to get to know me better and if I had any questions. I asked him about not having any pictures at all. He said he hates taking pictures. He uploaded a picture and then wrote to me to ask how much physical appearance mattered to me. I was really upset. I see that he definitely has some low self-esteem issues. If you can't even convince your own self that you are a treasure, how is someone else going to be convinced that they should treasure you?
Aug 16th 2013 new
(quote) Alma-953915 said: I just recently started chatting with someone on here that didn't have a picture. The problem was, he was getting the opportunity to look at my pictures and see me, but I didn't get to see him. He then said that he would like to get to know me better and if I had any questions. I asked him about not having any pictures at all. He said he hates taking pictures. He uploaded a picture and then wrote to me to ask how much physical appearance mattered to me. I was really upset. I see that he definitely has some low self-esteem issues. If you can't even convince your own self that you are a treasure, how is someone else going to be convinced that they should treasure you?
I understand that some people have self-esteem issues, but here you have the opportunity to put yourself out there and if people are interested, they'll contact you. If they're not, they won't. Putting your pictures on here along with writing your profile is how you put yourself out there and I think you've got to have faith and confidence in yourself and trust in the Lord. We are all beautiful in the eyes of God and Christ and I think we must trust that someone is out there who will love us unconditionally for who and what we are and aren't. It takes a lot of courage to be honest and to reveal yourself for who and what you are, inside and out.

All of us on here at one time or another have been rejected. As disheartening as that is, it is a part of life and you can either let it defeat you or get back up and keep on keeping on like a bird that flew to paraphrase the great Robert Zimmerman. :)
Aug 16th 2013 new
(quote) Donna-83441 said: Mari.. The way the internet is interconnected you will always find out more about yourself because it is YOU Googling yourself.. Did you try asking a friend to Google you? A random stranger finding you on the internet isn't as likely to get as much information. People get all freaked out about what info is visible on the net because they try to search themselves and find all kinds of stuff, never stopping to consider that they see the info because they are the one doing the search. The other day I logged into a site I never used before and there in the upper corner was my profile pic from FB..

The point is that our picture and info might be out there to begin with. If there is a way to do it, CM should prevent our pictures from getting out from this site. If it's true that pics from our scrap book are protected, then our profile pics should be also.

Aug 16th 2013 new
(quote) John-996681 said: Sorry, Laura,
Can't offer any specific insight there. However, a few observations:
If you look at my profile, there are pictures of me with friends, there are "mug shots" and there are pictures I took of other things. At the risk of sounding more eccentric than I really am, I HATE having my picture taken!!!.......... Trust me, it didn't hurt a bit, and the upside has been, people actually like my pictures. So if you're faceless right now, think about what we're saying. It could be that we want to meet you, but you're holding us at arms-length by refusing (however politely) to share a photo. Say "Cheese" !!
One of the VERY best comments I have ever read on the Forums ! John, you made your point so well! And yes! I do like your photos!
Aug 16th 2013 new
I wonder if many of the people that don't have pictures are people that are just checking the site out and not quite ready to join. I reluctantly posted pictures because I don't like having pictures taken of myself. Like John said, if I can do it, anyone can do it. I will skip over a profile that doesn't have any pictures unless there is something in the first like of the profile that intrigues me.

You would be surprised about how much information you can find out about people just from what is posted on CM. Not trying to freak anyone out, but if you are not from a major city, you have an uncommon name or uncommon spelling, it's not to hard to find you on-line. I should say that I am NOT a cyber-stalker. I find it fascinating what is available on the internet. I've been able to find quite private information about extended family and friends and am uncomfortable with the fact that my 90yo grandmother (who lives alone) has her full home address available on the internet.

There was a similar thread in the Woman's forums a while back and I googled some of the women there just so they knew what was out there. While women are typically more careful about these things, but some people will have pics posted in a shirt or hat of the company where they work or somewhere they volunteer. With that info, I can search for you on LinkedIn which then gives me your last name. Now I can google your first name, last name, age (or year your were born) and find out where you live, family information, your facebook or instagram page and more all for free! You can also drag a picture into the google search bar and see if that picture shows up other places on the internet. I used to use the same profile pic across multiple sites and now I use one personal, one professional pic. Depending on your profession, it is important to have information out there about yourself, but also depending on your profession, it's important NOT to have information about there as well. For me, I need to be out there, but not totally out there.
Aug 16th 2013 new
My info is a bit harder to trace in the fact that my name is David and I live in Bowie MD 99% of all information is in regards to David Bowie - or some Doctor, neither of which I am biggrin

But i know that there is enough out there about me to prove I am who I am to someone when I need to :)
Aug 16th 2013 new
(quote) Laura-857740 said: Hi everyone, can someone explain why a person would choose not to put a picture on their profile, on a dating website? Many men and women have stated that there must be an attraction. Seems only fair to place a picture on your profile then. When I don't see one, the first things I feel are: 1. They must be very unattractive (according to their own self analysis), 2. Their hiding something...like they're really not divorced yet and they don't want to be seen by people who may recognize them. I do not buy into the fact you need to get to know my personality first, instead of judging me for my looks. Dating does not work that way...when you see someone for the first time, it is the initial attraction that brings you over to them and begin a conversation with them. I have talked with several men without profiles and have gotten along well with them, but once I finally see a picture, I find that I am not attracted to them. Attraction cannot be manufactured, it's there to its not. (With a few exceptions I'm sure). So why not have a profile picture? What's your thoughts?
Maybe they need a break from answering emotes and NO commitments!!!
Aug 16th 2013 new
Can anyone present a Step X Step procedure for converting photo-negative images to images that appear on this WS?

Sept 1 , purchase a camera--- Step 2 , take photos--- Step 3 , develop the negatives------------ Step 4 , ________
Posts 41 - 50 of 89