Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

Aug 16th 2013 new
It's worth repeating....

A Solemn Act of Consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary

Most Holy Virgin Mary, tender Mother of men, to fulfill the desires of the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the request of the Vicar of Your Son on earth, we consecrate ourselves and our families to your Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart, O Queen of the Most Holy Rosary, and we recommend to You, all the people of our country and all the world.

Please accept our consecration, dearest Mother, and use us as You wish to accomplish Your designs in the world.

O Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary, Queen of the Most Holy Rosary, and Queen of the World, rule over us, together with the Sacred Heart of Jesus Christ, Our King. Save us from the spreading flood of modern paganism; kindle in our hearts and homes the love of purity, the practice of a virtuous life, an ardent zeal for souls, and a desire to pray the Rosary more faithfully.

We come with confidence to You, O Throne of Grace and Mother of Fair Love. Inflame us with the same Divine Fire which has inflamed Your own Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart. Make our hearts and homes Your shrine, and through us, make the Heart of Jesus, together with your rule, triumph in every heart and home.

Amen.

--Venerable Pope Pius XII

Read more: www.ewtn.com
Aug 16th 2013 new
Pope Pius XII'ths Consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary took place on October 31, 1942 just before major turning points in World War II. Pope Pius XII performed a Marian consecration, entrusting not only the Catholic Church but the whole human race to the Virgin Mary, doing so as Father of Christianity as the representative of Christ, who has all power in heaven and on earth, referring to Matthew 28:18.[1]

The consecration was made in the context of the reported messages of Our Lady of Fatima which had requested Marian consecrations and the October 31, 1942 consecration was performed via a Portuguese radio broadcast, and then renewed on December 8, 1942 in Rome.[1][2]

1.^ a b c Mary's Immaculate Heart by John F. Murphy 2007 ISBN 1-4067-3409-8 pages 96-103

2.^ A pilgrim's handbook to Fatima by Leo Madigan 2001 ISBN page 145
Aug 16th 2013 new
Pius XII's motto for his pontificate was Opus Justitiae Pax, meaning "Peace is the work of justice" which according to author Rodger Charles reflected his interest in world affairs beyond the Church.[3]

The consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary was pronounced at a critical phase of World War II at the end of October 1942. At that time, German troops under General Rommel had conquered strategic parts of North Africa while advancing towards the Suez Canal and in Russia fighting continued against an expanding German invasion. On October 31, 1942 Pius XII called for a prayer crusade to Mary the Queen of Peace, and stated that only her intercession could save the situation. He then dedicated the whole human race and especially Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. He renewed the consecration again on December 8, 1942.[1][3]

The consecration is noteworthy, because it contains a specific reference to military victory. Peace in truth, justice and the charity of Christ. Give them peace of the arms and peace of mind he asked from the Conqueress in Gods battlefields

Supporters of Pope Pius and his Marian views point out, that indeed the battlefield situation improved markedly for the allies. Shortly afterwards, in the battle of El Alamein, British forces achieved a major break through. According to Winston Churchill, not known as a Marian devotee, one can almost say, before El Alamein, we did not have a single victory, and after not a single defeat.[4]

In the Pacific, the Japanese defenders were decisively beaten during the Guadalcanal Campaign, as part of the larger land and sea battles in the Solomon Islands Campaign, with a few days after the consecration. The downfall of Stalingrad began a few days later as well with the encirclement November 19, 1942. Stalingrad surrendered on the Marian feast day, February 2, 1943. This view is not shared by everyone but popular among Marian devotees of Pope Pius XII.,[5][6][7]

1.^ a b c Mary's Immaculate Heart by John F. Murphy 2007 ISBN 1-4067-3409-8 pages 96-103
3.^ a b Christian social witness and teaching, Volume 2 by Rodger Charles 1998 ISBN 0-85244-461-3 pages 104-106
4.^ Winston Churchill War memoirs, Volume IV, 2
5.^ J Zeitler, die Marien Welt-Weihe eine dogmatisch zeitgeschichtliche schau, Kaldenkirchen, 1956,
6.^ Johannes Maria Hcht, der groe Ruf, Mnchen, 1956
7.^ Johannes Maria Hcht Fatima Pius XII Wiesbaden, 1956
Aug 16th 2013 new
The noted Mariologist Gabriel Roschini called the 1942 consecration of the human race to the Immaculate Heart of Mary the greatest honour, which anyone can imagine. It is the highest manifestation of the Marian cult. [8]

It opens new perspectives for salvation history. He and others see the consecration as a new Marian way, a new definition of what human means between the collectivism and unlimited liberalism. The consecration to Mary by Pope Pius means that an age of the Church had begun: Through Mary we understand the super-natural destiny of mankind and every human being.[9]

8.^ Quoted in Hchst, 265.
9.^ Zeitler, 93
Aug 16th 2013 new
WE ENTRUST, O MARY, AND CONSECRATE THE WHOLE WORLD TO YOUR IMMACULATE HEART!

Pope John Paul II

On Thursday, 13 May 1982, after the concelebrated Mass in Fatima, Pope John Paul II made the following act of consecration of the modern world to Our Lady of Fatima.

1. "We have recourse to your protection, holy Mother of God."

As I utter the words of this antiphon with which the Church of Christ has prayed for centuries, I find myself today in this place chosen by you, O Mother, and by you particularly loved.

I am here, united with all the Pastors of the Church in that particular bond whereby we constitute a body and a college, just as Christ desired the Apostles to be in union with Peter.

In the bond of this union, I utter the words of the present Act, in which I wish to include, once more, the hopes and anxieties of the Church in the modern world.

Forty years ago and again ten years later, your servant Pope Pius XII, having before his eyes the painful experience of the human family, entrusted and consecrated to your Immaculate Heart the whole world, especially the peoples for which you had particular love and solicitude.

This world of individuals and nations I too have before my eyes today, as I renew the entrusting and consecration carried out by my Predecessor in the See of Peter: the world of the second millennium that is drawing to a close, the modern world, our world today!

The Church, mindful of the Lord's words: "Go... and make disciples of all nations... and lo, I am with you always, to the close of the age" (Mt 28:19-20), renewed, at the Second Vatican Council, her awareness of her mission in this world.

And therefore, O Mother of individuals and peoples, you who "know all their sufferings and their hopes", you who have a mother's awareness of all the struggles between good and evil, between light and darkness, which afflict the modern world, accept the cry which we, as though moved by the Holy Spirit, address directly to your Heart. Embrace, with the love of the Mother and Handmaid, this human world of ours, which we entrust and consecrate to you, for we are full of disquiet for the earthly and eternal destiny of individuals and peoples.

In a special way we entrust and consecrate to you those individuals and nations which particularly need to be entrusted and consecrated.

We have recourse to your protection, holy Mother of God: reject not the prayers we send up to you in our necessities.
Reject them not!
Accept our humble trust and our act of entrusting!

2. "For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life" (Jn 3:16).

It was precisely by reason of this love that the Son of God consecrated himself for all mankind: "And for their sake I consecrate myself, that they also may be consecrated in truth" (Jn 17:19).

By reason of that consecration the disciples of all ages are called to spend themselves for the salvation of the world, and to supplement Christ's afflictions for the sake of his body, that is the Church (cf. 2 Cor 12:15; Col 1:24).

Before you, Mother of Christ, before your Immaculate Heart, I today, together with the whole Church, unite myself with our Redeemer in this his consecration for the world and for people, which only in his divine Heart has the power to obtain pardon and to secure reparation.

The power of this consecration lasts for all time and embraces all individuals, peoples and nations. It overcomes every evil that the spirit of darkness is able to awaken, and has in fact awakened in our times, in the heart of man and in his history.

The Church, the Mystical Body of Christ, unites herself, through the service of Peter's successor, to this consecration by our Redeemer.

Oh, how deeply we feel the need for consecration on the part of humanity and of the worldour modern worldin union with Christ himself! The redeeming work of Christ, in fact, must be shared in by the world by means of the Church.

Oh, how pained we are by all the things in the Church and in each one of us that are opposed to holiness and consecration! How pained we are that the invitation to repentance, to conversion, to prayer, has not met with the acceptance that it should have received!

How pained we are that many share so coldly in Christ's work of Redemption! That "what is lacking in Christ's afflictions" is so insufficiently completed in our flesh.

And so, blessed be all those souls that obey the call of eternal Love! Blessed be all those who, day after day, with undiminished generosity accept your invitation, O Mother, to do what your Jesus tells them (cf. Jn 2:5) and give the Church and the world a serene testimony of lives inspired by the Gospel.

Above all blessed be you, the Handmaid of the Lord, who in the fullest way obey the divine call!

Hail to you, who are wholly united to the redeeming consecration of your Son!

Mother of the Church! Enlighten the People of God along the paths of faith, of hope and love! Help us to live with the whole truth of the consecration of Christ for the entire human family of the modern world.

3. In entrusting to you, O Mother, the world, all individuals and peoples, we also entrust to you the consecration itself, for the world's sake, placing it in your motherly Heart.

Oh, Immaculate Heart! Help us to conquer the menace of evil, which so easily takes root in the hearts of the people of today, and whose immeasurable effects already weigh down upon our modern world and seem to block the paths towards the future!

From famine and war, deliver us.
From nuclear war, from incalculable self-destruction, from every kind of war, deliver us.
From sins against the life of man from its very beginning, deliver us.
From hatred and from the demeaning of the dignity of the children of God, deliver us.
From every kind of injustice in the life of society, both national and international, deliver us.
From readiness to trample on the commandments of God, deliver us.
From attempts to stifle in human hearts the very truth of God, deliver us.
From sins against the Holy Spirit, deliver us, deliver us.

Accept, O Mother of Christ, this cry laden with the sufferings of all individual human beings, laden with the sufferings of whole societies.

Let there be revealed, once more. in the history of the world your infinite power of merciful Love. May it put a stop to evil. May it transform consciences. May your Immaculate Heart reveal for all the light of Hope.

Taken from:
L'Osservatore Romano
Weekly Edition in English
24 May 1982

L'Osservatore Romano is the newspaper of the Holy See.

The Weekly Edition in English is published for the US by:

The Cathedral Foundation
L'Osservatore Romano English Edition
320 Cathedral St.
Baltimore, MD 21201
Subscriptions: (410) 547-5315
Fax: (410) 332-1069
lormail@catholicreview.org

Provided Courtesy of:
Eternal Word Television Network
5817 Old Leeds Road
Irondale, AL 35210
http://www.ewtn.com
Aug 16th 2013 new
+JMJ+

John and Paul, you are not going to convince anyone by your smathering of posts. You're wrong. For all the good these many consecrations have and are doing the fact remains that Russia has not been called by name. That is an indisputable fact. Get over it already. rolling eyes
Aug 16th 2013 new
(quote) Joseph-2737 said: +JMJ+

John and Paul, you are not going to convince anyone by your smathering of posts. You're wrong. For all the good these many consecrations have and are doing the fact remains that Russia has not been called by name. That is an indisputable fact. Get over it already.
Joseph,you are quite correct. theheart
Aug 17th 2013 new
(quote) Joseph-2737 said: +JMJ+

John and Paul, you are not going to convince anyone by your smathering of posts. You're wrong. For all the good these many consecrations have and are doing the fact remains that Russia has not been called by name. That is an indisputable fact. Get over it already.
Joseph,

It has never been about some country that starts with the letter "R" as the end-all; it has ALWAYS been about SOULS.

Hence the consecrations and also Pope Pius XII's 1950 infallible declaration of Mary being the Mediatrix for all humanity, not just Catholics nor for a single country.

Paul had no part in the postings that witness to a few of the greatest Papal acts of the 20th century.

Paul posted a simple one-line comment. I believe his statement debunked your post. Since you are not persuaded by anyone here, will not Mother Angelica's "updated" position now not work for you either? Is it that what you wanted to persuade us with now does not apply to you when corrected?

I posted historical fact so that Bernard, Steven and others ( as you) would have an opportunity to read, as you say, a "smattering" of some of the greatest events/actions of the 20th century and properly offer witness for those events.

I had the sense that neither Bernard or Steven were going to look it up. I am just making it easier. It's referenced.

How can you possibly argue to have certainty to the negative when you clearly lack all the facts and reject others; you have filters in place that throws out the baby while you seek to collect some milk?

Focus on the essence; the target. It's all about the salvation of souls!!! Focusing on Russia now detracts you and soooo many others. The outcome should now be obvious, old Russia doesn't even exist any more!!!
Aug 17th 2013 new
www.fatima.org

The Consecration of Russia:

The Request of Our Lord and
Analysis of this Request

On June 13, 1929, while Sister Lucy was at the novitiate of the Dorotheans at Tuy, Spain, Our Lady fulfilled Her promise of July 13, 1917: "I shall come to ask for the consecration of Russia ..." Sister Lucy writes1 that, as she was praying by herself in the convent chapel at midnight with only the sanctuary lamp lit:

Suddenly, the whole chapel lit up with a supernatural light and on the altar appeared a cross of light which reached the ceiling. In a clearer light, on the upper part of the cross, could be seen the face of a man with His body to the waist, on His chest a dove, equally luminous; and nailed to the cross, the body of another man. A little below the waist (of Christ on the cross), suspended in the air, could be seen a Chalice and a large Host, onto which some drops of blood were falling, which flowed from the face of the Crucified One and from the wound in His breast. Running down over the Host, these drops fell into the Chalice.

Under the right arm of the cross was Our Lady with Her Immaculate Heart in Her hand ... (She appeared as Our Lady of Fatima, with Her Immaculate Heart in Her left hand, without sword or roses, but with a crown of thorns and flames). Under the left arm [of the cross], in large letters, like crystalline water which flowed over the altar, these words were formed: "Grace and Mercy". I understood that the mystery of the Most Holy Trinity was shown to me, and I received lights about this mystery which I am not permitted to reveal.2

Our Lady then said to Sister Lucy:

The moment has come when God asks the Holy Father to make, in union with all the bishops of the world, the consecration of Russia to My Immaculate Heart, promising to save it by this means. So numerous are the souls which the justice of God condemns for sins committed against Me, that I come to ask for reparation. Sacrifice yourself for this intention and pray.2

Aug 17th 2013 new
+JMJ+

That's all well and good but it's beside the point, it's a different point. If CM had a conservative modernist room you might make some headway there but I promise you, tradition-minded Catholics will never accept your opinion because we know it is false. There is a reason the Blessed Mother wanted the complete message to be made public in 1960 - BIG HINT. There is a reason she called Russia by name and when people to try to minimize this important fact we take it as an affront to the Most Blessed Virgin Mary. Calling Russia by name IS a part of the essence! Lord only knows why all the Vatican II popes have never honored the Blessed Virgin Mary's request be it due to fear, human respect, false ecumenism, a lack of a sense of paternity, or a combination thereof. The Blessed Mother wants unity which in large part means the return of Russia - of the Orthodox - back to Holy Mother Church. There are reasons the Vatican II popes have not done precisely as she requested and tradition-minded Catholics know that it is NOT a good reason.

It's no wonder that most "Tradies" have left CM or no longer participate in the forums. This is nonsense. Most are active in many Facebook groups.
Posts 21 - 30 of 134