Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

Aug 17 new
(quote) Joseph-2737 said: +JMJ+

That's all well and good but it's beside the point, it's a different point. If CM had a conservative modernist room you might make some headway there but I promise you, tradition-minded Catholics will never accept your opinion because we know it is false.
First, I am no modernist, and second no TRUE Catholic should not have a closed mind.

I am done here, and leave you to ponder some questions.

Are you now dismissing Mother Angelica's update on the matter?

Is she also now a modernist?

Is that why her reversal cannot be applied to your view?

But why were you eager to use her as an example to convince us otherwise, yet the same does not apply to you when corrected?
Aug 17 new
(quote) John-971967 said: .... no TRUE Catholic should have a closed mind.
correction above
Aug 17 new

That's all well and good but it's beside the point, it's a different point. If CM had a conservative modernist room you might make some headway there but I promise you, tradition-minded Catholics will never accept your opinion because we know it is false. There is a reason the Blessed Mother wanted the complete message to be made public in 1960 - BIG HINT. There is a reason she called Russia by name and when people to try to minimize this important fact we take it as an affront to the Most Blessed Virgin Mary. Calling Russia by name IS a part of the essence! Lord only knows why all the Vatican II popes have never honored the Blessed Virgin Mary's request be it due to fear, human respect, false ecumenism, a lack of a sense of paternity, or a combination thereof. The Blessed Mother wants unity which in large part means the return of Russia - of the Orthodox - back to Holy Mother Church. There are reasons the Vatican II popes have not done precisely as she requested and tradition-minded Catholics know that it is NOT a good reason.

It's no wonder that most "Tradies" have left CM or no longer participate in the forums. This is nonsense. Most are active in many Facebook groups.
But I am a true traditionalist and the words of the Pope, of Sr Lucia as well as the emissary that JPII sent to talk to Sr. Lucia has convinced me that as Sr. Lucia said,, "Heaven has accepted."

So your statement is wrong on its face. There are those who think they are traditionalists who agree with you. But they are a small minority, lost in the backwash of history.

A true traditionalist listens to Rome, not to their own interpretations of how things should be.

A true traditionalist does not go out of their way to comaplain and complain, especially when they lack the information that caused Rome to act.

A true traditionalist most of all concentrates on trying to sanctifying themselves and those around them in accordance with the Church.
Aug 17 new
(quote) Paul-866591 said: But I am a true traditionalist and the words of the Pope, of Sr Lucia as well as the emissary that JPII sent to talk to Sr. Lucia has convinced me that as Sr. Lucia said,, "Heaven has accepted."

So your statement is wrong on its face. There are those who think they are traditionalists who agree with you. But they are a small minority, lost in the backwash of history.

A true traditionalist listens to Rome, not to their own interpretations of how things should be.

A true traditionalist does not go out of their way to comaplain and complain, especially when they lack the information that caused Rome to act.

A true traditionalist most of all concentrates on trying to sanctifying themselves and those around them in accordance with the Church.
+JMJ+

Of course any consecration would be accepted. rolling eyes
Aug 17 new

Of course any consecration would be accepted.
It's not for you to approve or disprove, in part or in whole, but as Sr Lucia indicated, it is for "Heaven" to do so.
Heaven is in one accord.
Aug 17 new
An old statement applies here I think to both sides.

" to those that believe ( don't believe) no evidence is required. To those that don't believe ( do believe), no evidence will suffice.

Im afraid the best that can happen here is to agreed to disagree and work on things we can agree on. The rest we leave to God and his Blessed Mother.
Aug 17 new
(quote) Tim-734178 said: An old statement applies here I think to both sides.

" to those that believe ( don't believe) no evidence is required. To those that don't believe ( do believe), no evidence will suffice.

Im afraid the best that can happen here is to agreed to disagree and work on things we can agree on. The rest we leave to God and his Blessed Mother.
+JMJ+

Tim,

The problem is that the conservative modernists demand that everyone accept their false belief. It is a fact that Russia has never been consecrated by name, period. If one wishes to put forth the proposition that consecrating Russia by name is not important they are free to present their personal opinion.
Aug 17 new
Our Holy Mother , I am a Legion of Mary member and was consecrated to her in a Legion Ceremony. For me it was a magnet for those who oppose her and I really was under spiritual attack for quite awhile afterwards.
I am thrilled that our Pope is consecrating the entire World to Our Holy Mother. I will remain prayerful and watchful. The entire world is an audacious act.
Aug 17 new
Joseph,

Please stop making things up. You are just full of yourself.

I have met Paul and neither of us are modernists of any flavor. I did choose the label "conservative" here as there is no "traditionalist" label. Our roots are from Catholic Tradition and we remain Catholic in every sense. But of course, you know us better, even better than we do ourselves. Plllleeeease!>br>
I am a traditionalist Catholic, I just refuse to have Catholic events hijacked and distorted by those who do not speak well of them or misrepresent them. I also do not give you permission to misrepresent who I am.

You want your opinion about Russia, fine, but it isn't just about that either; you keep attaching falsehoods, that is why I respond. If you want to express your ludicrous assertion that I am a "conservative modernist" than say that you "believe" me to be so, but do not write it as if it is fact; it's not. And that is the most disturbing element here: even when you are told something first hand, you choose to reject it. It is offensive, but I am also realizing, how sad.
Aug 17 new
+JMJ+

Sorry John but I just refuse to have Catholic events hijacked and distorted by those who do not speak well of them or misrepresent them.
Posts 31 - 40 of 134