Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Aug 17th 2013 new
(quote) Joan-529855 said: From the responses, the women "generally" seem to be more dissatisfied (except for Angela, who works for CM) with CM than the men. By the men's responses, it appears that the men are quite satisfied with CM. Is it because women are harder to please? Or is it because the expectations of women are different than the expectations of men? Or is it a combination of the two?
From my experience, I have been quite satisfied with the "women's only forum" (pinkie's room). As far as meeting a potential mate on CM, I never even considered it a possibility, so I have not been disappointed by that aspect of CM. I did enjoy my time with fellow CMer's this past spring and hope to join a group again in California next week. Again, I have no expectations (other than everyone there be respectful of one another) so I will not be disappointed, unless I observe disrespect.
I have been disappointed with the lack of respect in the general CM forums, especially towards CM moderators (from male CM members). The fact that CM allows such blatant disrespect is the reason I will not renew my membership. In my frustration I have lashed out at male CM members because I do not see CM moderators taking any corrective measures to stop this behavior.
Selection bias: Women, even if dissatisfied, will stay for the chit chat. Men just leave. If a man even ventures into the forums, it's probably an indication he's a fairly dedicated CMer.

If you need any proof of this, at one point, you could see how many threads and messages were posted in the men's and women's forums. The women's room had six times more of each.
Aug 17th 2013 new
(quote) Adam-399324 said: Selection bias: Women, even if dissatisfied, will stay for the chit chat. Men just leave. If a man even ventures into the forums, it's probably an indication he's a fairly dedicated CMer.

If you need any proof of this, at one point, you could see how many threads and messages were posted in the men's and women's forums. The women's room had six times more of each.
I have read and reread what you wrote Adam; and your point is?
Aug 17th 2013 new
(quote) Joan-529855 said: I have read and reread what you wrote Adam; and your point is?
merely that I very much doubt that women are more dissatisfied with CM than men (or vice versa for that matter)

further, that I doubt that meaningful inferences about this question can be drawn from forum participation, the men who venture into the broader forums being by no means a representative sample of all men on the site
Aug 18th 2013 new
i am making a t-shirt.

catholic match.com

(a site for recovering catholics)

ha ha ha..
Aug 18th 2013 new
i was just thinking the same thing before coming back as a paid member. i dont know what to say.
Aug 18th 2013 new
(quote) Margaret-20183 said: Sometimes a person's length of stay has little to do with a lack of sincerity or drive to find a spouse. They simply have not found the right person. I want to get married to the right man, and not due to society's timeline or expectations for me.
I agree. Sometimes they may not be here. It's a risk. I think sometimes one must make the move first and not just looked as to who viewed me. If you try and failed, then at least you tried. God have other plans for you. :) - Im trying..... I still have a long ways to go.
Aug 18th 2013 new
God give me patience BOW!! irked 16+ year member and raspberry to your assumptions. Look at my history and tell me I'm not trying. This type of thread runs periodically. Why is it anyones fault you don't get what you thibk you deserve? That is a mighty selfish position. If what you're doing isn't working try something else.

rosary Clair
Aug 18th 2013 new
It started as St. Raphael
Aug 18th 2013 new
(quote) Carolyn-998614 said: Keep the faith, Sisters and Brothers in Christ!

Maybe you haven't found the right match yet because you are not waiting for God's perfect timing, and that could be more than a 6 month subscription. I'm a newbie to this site, but after being on a couple of secular sites where 90% of the people describe themselves as nonreligious, and faith is not part of the conversation, I find it refreshing that we can be on CatholicMatch to discover that there are other Catholics out there who are genuinely searching for a nice Catholic guy/gal and not afraid to admit it. At least there is a forum to voice your concerns as a Catholic interested in dating AND adhering to God's will without being thought of as weird.
And then you just might bw here to learn more about your faith and God?
Aug 19th 2013 new
i love that reply!!!!
***now kenny,......get something off the top shelf for us short women....*****

I agree. and thanks for the TIP! i shall buy everything off the top shelf from NOW ON!!!

i enjoyed your replay Pam!!!
Posts 41 - 50 of 118