Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Any new person who may join this Cm site and turn to read some of the forum posts would maybe come to the conclusion that ALL of the people here are LOVE experts...

Me--You--We--all of us post of our sometimes expertise in love matters and what love means and how to go about love,,finding love,,,,enriching love,,etc,,etc,,
I'm guily of it too,,so are you possibly////probably.....

If we are so perfect and experts in love matters,,,,,,,,,,,,,then WHY are we still here on a dating site...??

If we--me--you--we--are experts,,,we should be in joyous God blessed forever bestest friend Sweetheart relationships....

I realize that I have a lot of work and possible changes to make to seek love...
How about you,,,,?
If your expertise is not helping you find a Sweetheart ,,,do you need to improve your expertise a little too..?
Aug 18th 2013 new
God isn't finished with me yet.

Not an expert ,but I just try at times to share what I have found out over the years.
Some people just add a little humour to it all.
I assume that we all share with the best intentions in mind.

Keeping in community on our journey was one of the 10 'commandments' to living as a Catholic over the long haul that Father shared in his Homily this weekend.

Hope that we would be guided by the Holy Spirit and grow in peace and love. Praying theheart
Aug 19th 2013 new
Well what about a Doctor who smokes? If he says it bad for your health do you think he's wrong because he smokes? We may be really good at our personal relationship but be really bad at helping others. Conversely we made be lousy at relating ourselves because of some deep flaw or wound but nonetheless be a treasure trove of wisdom gathered from others.

Being a love expert starts by not putting all the burden on our personal experience. One love expert I read a lot from is JPII He was never married yet plenty of happily married people take and use his advice every day.That's because his expertise came not from being in one married relationship, but from science, faith and talking to thousands of married people and incorporating their experience.

Aug 19th 2013 new
Well said Matt! Kenny, I think its just human nature to try to give advice. I give good advice sometimes.. but I never take my own advice. I can't remember who it was on here that told me once to do what I would tell my best friend to do. Great advice! Sometimes there is no advice to give at all, we just need to be comforted and to know we aren't alone in our struggles. God brought each of us here for a reason. We just need to allow Him to work through us to help others if that is His will. Hopefully, we are all growing, learning, and improving as we move closer to God.
Aug 19th 2013 new
Well, they talk like love experts. But if their advice sounds, on balance, to be sound, if they have the references, if they can cite the books ... listen .... But only if their advice sounds, on balance, to you, to be sound ....

'Listen to the Pharisees because they sit in the seat of Moses.' They can quote even if, unlike Jesus, they can't preach with authority (Matthew 7:28-29). Do as the quoter says if the quotes seem to you to be true but not necessarily as the quoter does.

And keep those quotes coming.
Aug 19th 2013 new
(quote) Matt-61677 said: Being a love expert starts by not putting all the burden on our personal experience. One love expert I read a lot from is JPII He was never married yet plenty of happily married people take and use his advice every day.That's because his expertise came not from being in one married relationship, but from science, faith and talking to thousands of married people and incorporating their experience.

very insightful and well said, Matt. biggrin Praying
..now where the heck is that "thumbs up" icon.
Posts 1 - 6 of 6