Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Aug 21st 2013 new
I think the reason why people don't put pictures up is because...
  • They are wanted by the FBI but still hoping to find their true love before they get caught.
  • They are absolutely gorgeous and don't want to make any of the other members jealous.
  • They are big fans of cubism.
  • They want you to be surprised.
LOL
Aug 21st 2013 new
(quote) Susan-215628 said: In response to how to get a person to quit messaging you, I would offer this advice. Send them a message and tell them you are not interested in pursuing a relationship and wish them luck in their search. This is so much more honest than letting people keep their hopes up if you do not feel an attraction.
Excellent advice in the quote above! I think that would be so much classier than announcing a lack of interest in a forum. I hope that poor woman did not see that as it could be very hurtful! Truth is always best and I personally would respect a man so much more for saying "Your interest is flattering and I wish you well in your continued search" than reading such a post on a forum. That is High School behavior and I think most people (man or woman) would agree.

Sorry for sounding so mean, but really, when you are dealing with peoples feelings, kindness and truth is trump!
Aug 21st 2013 new
When I first entered the online dating arena (and yeah, it's a circus at times!) I didn't own a digital camera, nor did I have access to a scanner. I still can't afford a digital camera (student loans...don't ask rolling eyes ) but I've found ways around that. It can be tough to master technology for some folks, and I don't necessarily think ill of someone who doesn't post a picture. Not everyone has friends who take endless photos, or kids that know how to do so much. So, if I find someone interesting, I ask for a picture - or ask why one isn't posted - after I get to know them.

Aug 21st 2013 new
(quote) Donna-83441 said: And like I told you, I pulled those pictures from Facebook, As a consequence they will lead you to my Facebook profile which doesn't bother me in the least.. I did not intend to be condescending but really, you came across that way when you sent me a note telling me what my last name is..
You are barkin up the wrong tree. You told me none of that, nor did I send you a message telling you what your last name was. So really, I wasn't the condescending one at all........
Aug 23rd 2013 new
(quote) Ruanne-19340 said: I think the reason why people don't put pictures up is because...
They are wanted by the FBI but still hoping to find their true love before they get caught.They are absolutely gorgeous and don't want to make any of the other members jealous.They are big fans of cubism.They want you to be surprised.LOL
Or their picture is already on the Post Office Wall
Aug 23rd 2013 new
I don't judge people by the way they look. I think it's sort of mysterious not to see the person before they speak. It may go against the natural order of things but why not shake it up a bit? Imagine the fairy tale Beauty and the Beast (my all time favorite) and see how much love can come from a soul who hasn't been tarnished by external beauty--one who hasn't been jaded by how handsome he is, rendered unable to make sound judgment regarding the character of a woman merely because he can have his pick of the litter.
Aug 24th 2013 new
(quote) Jim-397948 said: Or their picture is already on the Post Office Wall
Or they don't want people that they know to see it on the site. And give them a bad time for it.
Aug 25th 2013 new
(quote) Joyce-948047 said: Or they don't want people that they know to see it on the site. And give them a bad time for it.
Especially if there still dating someone else or married. I've heard of websites where you can date discretely if your married......REALLY!? Why does anyone think that is ok to do?
Aug 25th 2013 new
For some it is a blow to their ego, that they are on a dating website. That they can't find someone on their own. wave
Posts 81 - 89 of 89