Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Aug 22nd 2013 new
Whew! It took a while for Sam to catch up!

Sam is pleased Edward enjoyed such a pleasant eve. Sam wonders if Margo will be making pie, crisp or cobbler with all that rhubarb? Perhaps the formerly tired Rob would feel better if he got some. (Sam grew up on a fruit farm and, with her sisters, used to make 2 pies a day for as long as the fruit lasted.) Rachel, Sam thinks there's not much better than putzing while the kids play. Sam also wishes Chelle a smooth transition to her new job. And finally, Joanne, thank heaven for school support staff! We all say that if our secretary quits we'll have to close the school.

Sam has been busy teaching and parenting, but the days are getting longer and the sacktime shorter. Getting up at 4 to do laundry and pay bills is no fun. She did get out for a bike ride yesterday, away from her beautiful children, which she enjoyed very much. Sam is already looking forward to sleeping in on Saturday. Zzzzz....
Aug 22nd 2013 new
Hang in there Sam.

Sherrill-Anne is thankful for the last week and a half before we go back to school.I 've been taking lots of beauty naps.I really needed.
Aug 22nd 2013 new
Hi everyone! I love the smell of laundry dried outside, so crisp and fresh. Chelle, hope your new job smooths out. Sherill-ann, Sam, Jo-anne, Rachel, isn't it amazing how intimately our lives are tied to the school year. Since I do a lot of child therapy, I was quite busy this summer. When the kids are out of school, they need to see their therapists more often. I have come to respect school staff so much more since I changed careers and became a therapist.
Edward, glad you got to enjoy meals with some CM women. Rob, glad you checked in.

Status report: Margo is annulled, unattached, has a lot of love in her heart and high standards. Hint, hint.

Aug 22nd 2013 new
(quote) Margo-404841 said: Hi everyone! I love the smell of laundry dried outside, so crisp and fresh. Chelle, hope your new job smooths out. Sherill-ann, Sam, Jo-anne, Rachel, isn't it amazing how intimately our lives are tied to the school year. Since I do a lot of child therapy, I was quite busy this summer. When the kids are out of school, they need to see their therapists more often. I have come to respect school staff so much more since I changed careers and became a therapist.
Edward, glad you got to enjoy meals with some CM women. Rob, glad you checked in.

Status report: Margo is annulled, unattached, has a lot of love in her heart and high standards. Hint, hint.

If I am reading you correctly, congrats on the annulment!
Aug 23rd 2013 new
Congratulations, Margo! A weight off your shoulders, I'm sure.

It is 12:21 and Joanne is still up reading the forums (fora?). scratchchin

Joanne will say her ni-night prayers for the intentions of all CM'ers.
God Bless!
Aug 23rd 2013 new
Rachel found lunch in her garden today! Check out her pictures on her profile to see the yummies grown right in her own backyard! She thinks 5 minutes from garden to tummy is delicious!
Aug 23rd 2013 new
(quote) Jim-13836 said: If I am reading you correctly, congrats on the annulment!
Actually, I've been annulled since 1997, about 23 months after my divorce. I just like to remind people that I'm a catch who is available. I do this on a regular basis on the Status Threads. One never knows when somebody will decide, "Well, that nice Catholic girl is ready for a long-term relationship, i.e., a marriage. I do believe I'll mosey on over to her profile and check her out."
Aug 23rd 2013 new
Margo picked her son up at the Amtrak station in St. Paul, MN, today. Son had traveled from his dad's house; train was 3 hours late. Last week M had picked up very same son in Madison, WI, where he is a college student and brought him to his WI home, where his sister picked him up and transported him to his North Dakota home. (This is what happens in families of divorce. We make ir work and it works quite smoothly.)

Margo is quite impressed with the University of Wisconsin-Madison, where her son has majors in German and linguistics. It is prohibitively expensive to pay parking fees for a car in Madison ($200/month on campus), so parents routinely do the "pick up and drop off" routine for their children.

M's son will stay w/her for the next 6 days, then she'll drive him back to Madison. The next day, he'll take the bus to O'Hare Int'l Airport, then embark for Germany, where he will study until next August in Freiburg, Germny under the UW-Madison Study Abroad program. Margo is quite proud of her very focused, intelligent youngest child. She'll also miss him. But it is a parent's job to raise her children, then share them. rose
Aug 23rd 2013 new
Great weekend in New England coming up.Brian is happy.
Aug 24th 2013 new
Rachel, Sam agrees that quick garden-to-table transport makes things taste better, though this year she has restricted herself to a tomato plant and some herbs. Margo, Sam reads about your son's upcoming travel and wonders if she could conduct herself with grace and humor in the same circumstances. She hopes she can encourage her own children to travel, but finds the thought rather scary. If Sam's daughter decides to backpack alone across Spain, (which Sam did at 19), Sam is pretty sure she'll have a nervous breakdown.

Sam's family just popped homemade pizzas in the oven. After a grueling day of shopping for school supplies we need sustenance. There is currently hot debate between lying about the house and going bowling. Stay tuned!
Posts 31 - 40 of 200