Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Aug 23rd 2013 new
As odd as this may sound, I think that both men and women feel a sense of anonymity on a dating site in that they can "hide" behind their profiles. (Not an excuse for a non-response but there it is.) I also think that a lack of response to our emoticons or emails is in no way reflective of us rather it reflects where the other person is in terms of emotional and geographical availability. Tough I know. I've been on and off CM for a few years and have wondered why I'm subscribing to a website that has often left me feeling frustrated because it hasn't resulted in any dates. Then I remind myself that my God can use any means to bring my future spouse into my life and that all I need to do is be open to new experiences, especially the times when I'd rather throw in the towel and be done with it all!

Don't give up! The best advice I could give you would be this: Live each day with expectancy, not with expectation. In other words, try to enjoy the little blessings and surprises that God is bringing into your life each day and don't project into the future. God promises grace for only the day we are living in :o)
Aug 23rd 2013 new
(quote) Patrick-872788 said: Men are prizes, too. If we do not view ourselves as such then why should women value us?

Why should a woman initiate? Maybe there is a man she finds interesting who has not come across her profile, or perhaps he has but is gun shy from receiving few replies from his messages. She could either wait until he writes or send him a note to grab his attention. Once contact has been established then it is up to the man to be more assertive.
irked

Yeah, there most certainly are some men that are 'prizes'.

I've seen a few 'prizes' myself here.

Look, men SHOULD see women as special for the fact that they can do and be something that men cannot:

MOTHERS, either or both physically and spiritually.

A man's attitude should be to protect and honor women in a way that is unique to their sex. Men don't need to be put on a pedestal. Women should be respected in that way because of their role in creation. The regard a woman should have for a man who is truly a gentleman is unique as well, but very different.
Aug 23rd 2013 new
(quote) Lynea-297530 said:

Look, men SHOULD see women as special for the fact that they can do and be something that men cannot:

A man's attitude should be to protect and honor women in a way that is unique to their sex. Men don't need to be put on a pedestal. Women should be respected in that way because of their role in creation. The regard a woman should have for a man who is truly a gentleman is unique as well, but very different.
Show me where I wrote that special women should not be treated as prizes. Until then relax and have a great evening.
Aug 23rd 2013 new
(quote) Lynea-297530 said:

I saw the word prize and just knew you were talking about me. wink

I just can't figure out why so many men and woman are " getting nowhere" on here. Unless all they really want is a virtual relationship.
Aug 23rd 2013 new
(quote) Patrick-872788 said: Show me where I wrote that special women should not be treated as prizes. Until then relax and have a great evening.
I never said that you wrote that. Please, you can relax. I am relaxed ...lol You've misunderstood/misread what I wrote.

I did say, however, that ALL women should be treated as special, not just some. Men ought to regard women for their dignity as women. Call me old fashioned.
Aug 23rd 2013 new
I must have misinterpreted the angry face and quotes around 'prizes' when referring to men. Mea culpa.
Aug 23rd 2013 new
(quote) Melissa-537851 said: At what point do you feel so dejected and rejected that you just want to give up?

How many denied chats, unreturned messages, and weeks of no incoming messages does it take for you to realize you are dumping your money into a losing proposition? Not just here but any singles site?

If I message someone, I am not proposing marriage, for goodness sake. I am just saying, "Hey, let's talk. Let's be friends." So, likewise, if someone rebukes my messages....to me it is like saying that I am not even worth it to be friends with. And, my God, if you are not even worthy to be someone's friend, much less anything else....what is the point of being here?

I am really sorry...CM should not be the only place to find a man of your dreams...Maybe you should look into your hobbies or try a new hobby. Maybe try hiking, kayaking dancing, sailing, Maybe make it a point to meet a new person every 2-3 weeks Try http://www.meetup.com
Maybe your girlfriends and platonic boyfriends can help you.....step away from the computer and get out of the house....,,Get to enjoy rejection...if someone does not like you move on and on and on
Aug 23rd 2013 new
(quote) Patrick-872788 said: I must have misinterpreted the angry face and quotes around 'prizes' when referring to men. Mea culpa.
No, that is also a huge stretch from my words.
Anyone who has read my posts know that I do not believe all men are such that they feel as though they ought to be treated like a lady --- to be placed on a pedestal. Many men are not this way, and I encourage women to remember this, and that they ought to be treated with respect firstly for the fact that they are women, but secondly, even more so if they are women who are faithful to God; chaste, modest, honorable, caring, considerate, etc., as many women here are. Also, I mean to encourage men to not be afraid to be polite and caring to all women, but also, be honest and forthright and kind always. If you are forthright, you won't be leading a woman on, but you also shouldn't be impolite. Have I made my meaning more clear to you now?
Aug 23rd 2013 new
Also, I do not presume that you are one of the men who feel they ought to be placed on a pedestal. I think kind women should be kind to all, and if they have a special someone, they will known enough to honor him, but it is a man's place to pursue, and a man's place to back off when he is not being requited and the woman has expressed she is not interested. A man is also never insulting to a woman, don't you agree?
Aug 23rd 2013 new
I agree completely. Joining a faith based dating site is to date NOT to be friends. Also a woman is the pearl at a high price and it is up to us to discern.
Thank you for your comments
Posts 11 - 20 of 131