Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Aug 24th 2013 new
Folks, can't we all just get along? - LOL!
Aug 24th 2013 new
I understand, and agree completely, Patrick. I see WAY too many anti-male posts here. I struggle with whether or not to post about it. I know there are a lot of good men on the site, and based on what I see, I don't blame them for not posting. And this forum DOES have a lot of potential, if only people would use it differently. Sigh.

Oh, wait. There's no way that anything could be our/MY fault. I guess I don't agree 100%. Darn. You were doing so well... ;)
Aug 24th 2013 new
Please all you Ladies here get over the past move forward . put God in your heart . stop the bashing . there are some real nice men here . thats why i am here other then reading the forums
Aug 24th 2013 new
(quote) Lucy-41785 said: I understand, and agree completely, Patrick. I see WAY too many anti-male posts here. I struggle with whether or not to post about it. I know there are a lot of good men on the site, and based on what I see, I don't blame them for not posting. And this forum DOES have a lot of potential, if only people would use it differently. Sigh.

Oh, wait. There's no way that anything could be our/MY fault. I guess I don't agree 100%. Darn. You were doing so well... ;)
Well, it certainly can't be my fault. laughing I would point out the anti-female posts but the women always beat me to it. biggrin Take care.
Aug 24th 2013 new
(quote) Lucy-41785 said: I see WAY too many anti-male posts here.
Are they actually anti-male posts? Or just women over-generalizing when complaining about their experiences with those they happen to interact with on the site -- males (the same way the males over-generalize when complaining about women)?

I propose that every forum participant boycott any post that begins "Why do (men/women)..." or "I wish (men/women) would (not)..." Don't read them. Don't respond to them.

Aug 24th 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: Are they actually anti-male posts? Or just women over-generalizing when complaining about their experiences with those they happen to interact with on the site -- males (the same way the males over-generalize when complaining about women)?

I propose that every forum participant boycott any post that begins "Why do (men/women)..." or "I wish (men/women) would (not)..." Don't read them. Don't respond to them.

If CM wishes to use these forums to foster an environment of Catholic charity then these topics should be moved to their respective gender forums. Overgeneralization demeans both genders. Specific topics such as "How do I handle a situation with this man/woman" or "How do the women/men of this board feel about..." would foster more discussion and understanding than what we have today. There is nothing wrong with being frank but when threads deteriorate into whacking men or women over their heads we all lose.
Aug 24th 2013 new
(quote) Lynea-297530 said: Yeah, there most certainly are some men that are 'prizes'.

I've seen a few 'prizes' myself here.
If we want Threads to be productive, and where the poster and comment can be respectful to one another, then comments like these would probably best be refrained from.
I've always said,,everyone has a right to express their opinion..even if it's disagreeable, but in doing so we should ask ourselves if what we're saying or how we're saying it is in the most Charitable and un-selfserving way. scratchchin Praying
Aug 24th 2013 new
(quote) Lucy-41785 said: I must admit if my fun here is dependent on the forums, than my time here is about done for certain. Lighten up a little, folks!
LUUUUCCCCYYYYY!!! hughugwink

Thank you for the reminder to hit the gym this weekend, my friend. Teehee. Dawn Light, a work in progress. wink (We need an emotie with barbells. faint)

I too miss the days when we CMmers enjoyed lively banter, flirting, encouraging, matchmaking, and games. The good news is a good many of those people are married now. eyepopping ahhh-- let the flirting begin! (We need a kissing thread!! :battingeyes)
Aug 24th 2013 new
Melissa, I can certainly understand your frustration and I'm sorry that you feel the way that you do. This is my third time on CM and I'm hoping that the third time's the charm for me. The first time was three years ago where I had some success in the short-term, but not in the long-term. However, I did make some really wonderful friends out of it so I can't say that my time or money were wasted. Second time was earlier this year and things did not go so well when I hit a dry spell so I decided to take a break and went on a couple of different websites which turned out to be a mistake. I'm back here for a third time because out of all of the dating websites I've been on, CM is the best. I promise you that I'm saying that with all sincerity and not making a commercial for CM. :) Seriously, the quality of women on here far exceeds the others that I've been on.

I would hope that you'd reconsider and give it one more chance before taking a break or maybe consider taking a break from CM. And, although I'm not ostensibly here to make friends as I'm primarily here to find a long-term partner, friendships are often made because of mutual experiences and interests along with participation at CM events, so if you're looking for another friend, count me in. Take care and God bless!
Aug 24th 2013 new
(quote) Michael-556947 said: Please all you Ladies here get over the past move forward . put God in your heart . stop the bashing . there are some real nice men here . thats why i am here other then reading the forums
And isn't it wrong to discuss other CM members on the forums? Even if they may not be mentioned specifically, but referred to? Just sayin'.
Posts 31 - 40 of 131