Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Weekends ??

Aug 24th 2013 new
I know many of us probably work M-F,, and maybe some of us even on Saturday or Sunday...what do we Singles do on weekends?
For me i try to go bike riding with some neighbors, or maybe out boating with same neighbors (but now trying to add in a few clients or new friends), or even just out to eat.

What do you do (or would like to do) for Fun and that gets you out with other people? biggrin Praying

Aug 24th 2013 new
(quote) Dave-146273 said: I know many of us probably work M-F,, and maybe some of us even on Saturday or Sunday...what do we Singles do on weekends?
For me i try to go bike riding with some neighbors, or maybe out boating with same neighbors (but now trying to add in a few clients or new friends), or even just out to eat.

What do you do (or would like to do) for Fun and that gets you out with other people?

I play sports with my friends. I have many friends who are involved in everything from hiking, bikin, basketball, volleyball to bowling. We do it all together. Then we eat together. We even pray together before we eat. There are a group of 20 of us that are very close.
Aug 24th 2013 new
I just went for a 4 mile walk this morning and hope to do a bike ride tomorrow. Weekends are a great time to catch up on some physical relaxation. While I easily speak to everyone I encounter, I easily admit that it's hard to start a conversation with someone who is going in the opposite direction!

Get-togethers with friends - out to eat, to someone's house, to a movie or some theater - are frequent choices. But you never know. I'll heading to an Irish festival downtown tonight, zipping down to visit friends in TN next weekend, and helping throw candy from a float in a parade in a few weeks. Where's Waldo now? smile

And of course, most importantly - MASS! Everything else is second to that. Praying
Aug 24th 2013 new
(quote) Laura-857740 said: I play sports with my friends. I have many friends who are involved in everything from hiking, bikin, basketball, volleyball to bowling. We do it all together. Then we eat together. We even pray together before we eat. There are a group of 20 of us that are very close.
Wow.. 20 of you.. that's really awesome... how did you get involved with this group?
Aug 24th 2013 new
(quote) Lucy-41785 said: I easily admit that it's hard to start a conversation with someone who is going in the opposite direction!
And of course, most importantly - MASS! Everything else is second to that.
Lucy.. too funny! laughing laughing yeah kinda tough if someone is going opposite direction. I love biking.. it's such a way to get out and enjoy the scenery.
Can't forget about Mass tho.. biggrin
Aug 24th 2013 new
Some of my friends and I sing vespers (sometimes very well, sometimes, um, less so :) at church. Then we normally go out for dinner.
Aug 24th 2013 new
Friday evenings 4-6 i go to various art gallerys/showings, then the nights i do coffee at a local coffee shop so i can meet with friends in the human service field for networking purposes. i always take along homework to work on in between since there are several friends who come at various times between their movies/dates/art galleries/dancing/bowling/etc . . . First Fridays i always go to evening Mass. theheart

Everyone is always invited to my house on Saturday for parrot-cage cleaning so they can help me roll the cages in/outside. Whomever shows up in time for breakfast gets to eat with us, at lunch the same, and dinner the same. Obviously no-one but myself and my housemates are here for the daysworth but it normally flows pretty smooth with everyone helping for 2-3 hours. i manage to get spotless cages power-washed (by me), the living room and Macaw room get vacuumed (i detest carpet so will someday get around to laying laminate/tile), everything gets rolled back into place (furniture & cages), cookies, pie and home-made bread are eliminated (it's so great to clear the refrigerator out so nothing goes to waste!), and everyone is happy. Happy Birthday!

Sundays i try to ensure i go to both a morning Mass @ my local Tridentine Rite parish and in the evenings to the local Cathedral so i can get the two separate sermon viewpoints and have some peace with the Blessed Sacrament. Normally friends come over for lunch or we coffee out between to discuss the sermons. biggrin
Aug 24th 2013 new
(quote) Adam-399324 said: Some of my friends and I sing vespers (sometimes very well, sometimes, um, less so :) at church. Then we normally go out for dinner.
Wow.. that's pretty cool. I think that would be something i enjoy doing..being involved with, like on a Sat evening.. go to Mass.. and then go out to Eat. Nice Adam. biggrin Praying
Aug 25th 2013 new
I spent yesterday swimming at Island Beach , a Town of Greenwich recreational park which is a small island three miles off-shore on the waters of Long Island Sound, the Town operates a ferry to the island every 1/2 hour on weekends.

It was a perfect beach-day , 80 degree temperature , low humidity , and un-limited visibility; the views of Long Island Sound and the Manhattan sky-line are spectacular.The Island is always orderley and never crowded,

I'm off again today , and I'll be boarding the 2:30 ferry to enjoy another splendid beach day in the best possible enviroment; high-tide at 3:30.
Aug 25th 2013 new
(quote) Dave-146273 said: Wow.. 20 of you.. that's really awesome... how did you get involved with this group?
We all met playing indoor volleyball at church and just kept growing closer over the years. Now we even vacation together, we all just got back from the outer banks and had rented a house there...it was so cheap because their we're so many of us! They are so much fun. We had a party last night at a house and just had a blast...karaoke, corn hole, hot tub, pool, ping pong, etc. when the first person fell asleep, we took cameo pictures around him. It was hysterical. Friends are great!
Posts 1 - 10 of 58